Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Deploy software step

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We are using SUM SP09 to upgrade our PI 7.3 to SP08.

During the execution phase we encountered the following error:

Could not update components. Deployment of queue Queue_2014.02.19 at 23:21:47 completed with error Could not authenticate the given user with AS Java. Check that user and password are correct. com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.AuthenticationException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1148] Could not establish connection to AS Java on [HOSTNAME:50004]. Cannot authenticate the user. Wrong or missing security credentials (password) for principal [SAP*], or the specified principal has no permissions to perform JNDI related operations. javax.naming.NoPermissionException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. Wrong security principal/credentials. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.] com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user. com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Authentication did not succeed.

It is trying to perfrom JNDI activities with SAP* user. Why is it trying to AS Java with the SAP* user.

From the forums, i got that may be the superuser is activated. when i check the config tool in display mode, i see the value as TRUE.

But when i go into edit mode to revert it back to false, it is already set to false

We have checked the memory parameters, and they are fine. We do have the latest kernel and JVM.

Please help me solve the issue.

Thanks

Nanda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Change the parameter in both global and local.

follow the steps :

1. Take out the java system from safe mode.

2. set the parameter element.resynch = force in bootstrap.properties

3. rename the dispatcher and server0 folder.

4. take the restart of java manually.

change the parameter to false , even it show false and save it.(performed this activity in global as well as local)

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

tried those steps, didnt work. Still same error.

thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

We are running into the exact same issue.  Did you ever figure out a solution for this?  Thank you.

Kiet

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Kiet,

We ended up doing a restore of the system prior to the upgrade start date and then redid the upgrade. The main reason we were not able change the superuser was because we were doing it in the wrong place.

Open config tool, go into edit mode and

follow the below path in config tool and reset the superuser password and give it a retry:

Cluster_config--> system--> custom_global--> cfg--> services--> com.sap.security.core.ume.service--> Propertysheet properties

thanks

Nanda

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

romeopmalang
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was able to change the password of SAP* but in the error user J2EE_ADMIN was listed. User J2EE_ADMIN was not locked. Any idea on how to solved the issue? Thanks.

romeopmalang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda?

Good Day!

Currently I am on the config tool, however I am not sure on the value of ume.superadmin.activated

Can you help me with the values?Also the user is J2EE_ADMIN not SAP*? Do you know where can I reset the password for this?

Meo

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not the correct path, follow the below path in config tool:

Cluster_config--> system--> custom_global--> cfg--> services--> com.sap.security.core.ume.service--> Propertysheet properties

Only there you can edit values.

thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you set it to false (SAP* user) you should restart the instance and try again to redeploy it with j2ee_admin user

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

The value is already false, when i go into edit mode for ume.superuser parameter in config tool.

I did try to change it to true and then again back to false, but in both cases, when i'm in display only mode, the config tool shows the value as TRUE. I did restart after every change made.

I can't redeploy as j2ee_admin user, as we are in the middle of execution phase, and when i click repeat, it continues from where it left off.

Please let me know if you need more information

thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please follow this SAP note 1596787  (i know it is for 7.1 but it works also on 7.3)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer the SAP Notes

1938098 - SUM tool fails with error java.lang.NullPointerException during VALIDATE-QUEUE phase and ‘Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream’ in SDM logs

1761799 - Software update manager failed during deployment of KMC-WIKI

Regards

Ram

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sriram,

Neither of the notes apply to my issue.

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand the process, but my question is for the execution phase, when the SUM tool is deploying the components for Java stack, do we need the superuser or not?

thanks

Nanda

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Have you tried this KBA

1724426 - Could not establish connection to AS Java 7.3

regards

kartik

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Karthikeyan,

I'm not sure this KBA applies to my issue.

Can you please let me know how to get the diagtool trace?

thanks

Nanda

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I checked the mentioned notes.

As you can see in the error log, it is "SAP*" user and not test user as per the note 1882305.

As for note 916050, i am not able to find any relevant solution in that.

From the DEPLOYMENT_RESULTS_44.log

Feb 25, 2014 9:59:11 PM [Info  ]: Connecting to Deploy Controller on host HOSTNAME port 50004 with user SAP*.

The systems are up and running, including the shadow instance.

The P4 port is open and the service is up and running.

please let me know if you need more information.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Refer the SAP Note with same error message

1891477 - PI 7.1X upgrade deployment process fails due to missing ExecutionDetails class

1884121 - User not able to log on to JSPM with error "Exception while trying to get InitialContext"

Regards

Sriram

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sriram,

those notes are for P4 service not running, in my case, P4 is up and running.

I'm able to successfully telnet to the port. I also checked the dev_icm, dev_std0, dev_server0. P4 service has no problems.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is this any firewall setting blocking ?

Regards

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, there is no firewall blocking. I already mentioned i'm able to telnet successfully. P4 service is running fine.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case if possible to restart full system and then check again