cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Varinat configuration copy of batch characteristics from Sale order to production batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts ,

below is the scenario :

the characteristics and its value which are maintained in the sale order must be copied to batch produced during process order GR .

it was not available in 4.7 but availbale in ECC 6.0 i guess by SAP.

i have created configured material with class type 300 and KMAT . have mainatined CU41 . created material variant and have filled  MRP 3 fields.

have created material variant with class type 023 . (also tried with class type 300) .

created sale order for confgured material and item category is also correct . i do not get pop up for material variant which has same charcateristics as that of material configured.

also on after MRP run and process order creation w.r.t Sale order i did GR . but the batch was created with 023 class type and no characteristics were copied .

kindly guide  , i have not worked much on variant configuration.

regards,

satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish Yadav,

the problem start as you havent got pop up saying there exist a material variant with values you selected for configurable material in sales order, so please check settings related to item catagory.

Also as sales order is created for configurable material , for which material you run MRP?

check below link for more information on material variant and its replacement in sales order.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31570

checka nd reply back, Hope it will solve your issue.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ritesh ,

thanks for reply i will check it.

also its observed that in OMJJ for 101  movement type new check box is populated in ECC 6.0 , which is of copy batch characteristics . which helps in copying charcteristics values.

but dont know if the check box comes after  IS mill activation .

regards

satish

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ya Satish,

Thats the next thing i want to suggest you after corecting Material Variant settings, check below

Copying configuration data to batch classification is not a R/3-standard functionality. Copying characteristics is a functionality of the Add-On IS-MillProducts, In Mill , you can find the setting in OMJJ.

Also check the note 495507, though this is for old release it descrirbes some standard behavior.

Copying Rules for Characteristic Values - SAP Mill Products - SAP Library

Hope it will help you , please mark the threads helpul if its helps.

Thanks

Ritesh