Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling like points reduced later

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sometimes I feel like my points got reduced when I wake up next day and see the profile. When the points are reduced, I am not even getting any notification. Can anyone please tell me how to see how the points got reduced.

Regards,

Thanga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is a way where you can check which forum points are getting reduced from

Go to your profile>Reputation>Expertise

There you will see list of various forums where you would have got points on, put the curser towards bottom right end of each forum and click on Flip icon.

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jitendra,

Thanks for the steps.

Can't we able to see which post was Unliked or Unmarked ?

Regards,

Thanga

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No its not possible to see which post is unmarked...

Suppose you got a correct answer...

Now you reputation-history is updated along with Expertise...

But after some days when the reply unmarked as correct, then only Expertise tab will update with negative points..

There are no way to see the Post...

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh Okay Dev... Thanks a lot for your points... Clear now...

Thanks,

TP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No way other than analyze EXPERTISE option. If you can remember for which post you have got LIKE or which thread has been marked as CORRECT/HELPFUL for your reply, then you can cross check. But it is not possible to remember actually.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct.. Not possible to remember..

If you participate 5-10 discussions, then it could be possible to remember the post or also get it from History... But If you participate more than 100 discussion per day and got 10-20 like per day, then it is not possible to find....

Former Member
0 Kudos

more than 100 discussion per day and got 10-20 like per day

So that's the formula for showing up in 'trending people' list.

AmalaSrinivasa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dev,

Life time  points got reduced, don't know the reason

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i checked your expertise at all forums there is no reduction.

So better to raise thread at scn support. So scn team will check and revert back.

Actually how many points you lost?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do not hijack others discussion.. You can create your own discussion..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you answer a question, and receive helpful answer or correct answer, and then the question is turned to a discussion or rejected, the points will be removed.

On blogs and documents, especially ones that have attracted a lot of attention, I occasionally go through the comments and remove the ones that don't really have much content (like, "wow, that was a good blog"), in order to highlight the interesting discussions that are also present in the comment section. If that comment was "liked", then your overall point score will reduce. On the plus side, the quality of the content overall is increased.

Occassionally, I will remove a very old question that contains largely "noise". This may also affect slightly long standing members point totals.

I can understand your concern when you're in the low hundreds, but by the time you're in the thousands, with many well-earned points, you probably won't even notice.

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matthew,

Yes I totally agree with you.

Thanks for the explanation.

Regards,

Thanga

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Someone Unmark you reply as helpful on today on ABAP development....