Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection profile - no data

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

this might be a basic question. Before posting here i have tried to research on my own and after getting no where i have come here to ask the gurus to help me with the issue.APO DP is new to me and i'm learning it as well.

in the planning book, we have mutliple selection profiles and when i tried to load the data from the selection profile. some selection profiles are blank and they are unable to load the data. what could be the reason? There are some selection profiles which have the data but its not teh full list.

few inputs - we have a weekly job running in ECP to transfer the materials and plants from ECC To APO. CFM1 and CFM2 tcodes in ECC.

our BW resource says that he is able to extract the sales orders histroy and open orders from ECC and able to load to APO everyday, which i kinda see in LISTCUBE tcode, but then why is that we are not able to see the data via the selection profile when we are able to see the data in listcube.

kindly help

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mwallace
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

It sounds like no CVC's exist for the articles you want to see in the planning book.  Can you check this in transaction /n/SAPAPO/MC62.  If the CVC's exist for an article you are missing can you load just this one article in to the planning book without using a selection profile?

Michael

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael, That is correct. I checked and found that the materials which are not loading in selction profile do not have CVC's. But what is puzzling is why would the CVC be not there, especially the material is a high mover and also the data was loading fine up until a day before. What are the places that i could check that could have caused the CVC's disappear. Also what  can i do now to create the CVC's now in mass, as there are lot materials missing in the selection profiles

Thanks for your quick response

Thanks

Ravi

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please go to MC62 , at the bottom you can see Manage Log... Click on that .. then you see a screen .. on that select delete characterisctics combinations and give data range ( Give teh date when u expect these CVC's might have deleted ) and see the log and check whether these CVC got deleted or not.

> Do you have some kind of Back up ? Like CVC deleted means u also lost all the values with it. So just creating new CVC might not solve your issue.

> You can create the CVC's from Excel file in MC62.

Thanks.

Regards,

Venkata Emani

mwallace
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy.

You can create the missing CVC's en-mass in /SAPAPO/MC62 by loading them from file, InfoProvider, or Planning Object Structure.

I would check whether your business has automated the creation of CVC's. Most companies do.  It might be that the data that is used to generate CVC's has changed and that's why you are missing the records.

Michael

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses so far, Upon further investigation this is what i see, to create CVC's we are using YSOHIST infocube (info provider). This cube is populated by our BW resource as this will contain the data (sales orders history and open orders from ECC). when i go to list cube tcode and put YSOHIST as the info provider and list what all is contained in this cube, i can see the combinations of customer, material, etc. But where as when i go to the planning book, i'm unable to see that customer come up when i load the selection profile. I was always under the impression that the moment i can see data in a cube via the tcode LISTCUBE, all is hunky dory and i should be able to see the data loaded in selection profile

Also regarding the creation of CVC's we have a monthly job that runs on the first day of the period opening where it would create new CVC's after reinitializing the planning area, calculating the Average selling price (these are some of the things that the business has asked), but before this once a month job runs, our BW resource takes a back up of all the data from APO DP and stores with a time and date stamp in BW for reporting purposes later on.

I also chekced with our BASIS guy to ensure that live cachce is running properly and he says its running fine. but still a wild guess, would CFM1 and CFM2 tcodes from ECC have anything to do with this problem?

Thanks

Ravi

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

CFM1 and CFM2 does not have any impact on creation or deletion of CVCs.

CVCs can either be deleted manually using the MC62 transaction or you may check if you have a CVC deletion job (the way you have configured CVC creation)

For data to be available in APO cube, CVCs are not mandatory. Data in APO cube is a copy of data from BW cube. But you need CVCs for this data to be available for Planning in DP Planing Book. Also, the data from cube will not be directly availablein PB. You need to copy the data from cube to PA using program /SAPAPO/RTSINPUT_CUBE

Regards,

Ravi

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

also upon looking more, what i found is that the in planning area administration, planning object structure, when i click on the number of hits for dispaly cvc's, i found the number to be 4572, but when i actually execute, on the output i only find 52 records...why would this happen?

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you say "when i actually execute, on the output i only find 52 records", Is this in DP Planning book? If Yes, please check if you are loading a specific selection.

The Number 4572 is the total No. of CVCs you have in system. If you give selection criteria as * against all the selection variables in Planning book then you will definitely see 4572 records in Planning book as well.

Regards,
Ravi

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

All, thanks for the replies all along. The issue has been resolved. Here is what  happened. Our BW resource reloaded the master data via RSA1 and i'm not sure if there was any other step that was supposed to be done in RSA1 tcode to activate the data or something like that, but anyway when i ran the consistency check transaction, things seemed to have synced up and then i can see the data accurately now in sleection profiles. this is the first time ever i had to run this consistency check transaction since go live back in september. our previous contractor told that i did not have to do anything functionally to make sure that the data looks good. the master data is always loaded on the BW side is what he told me, and i have had little heated exchanges with our BW resource on this , but anyway, i would want to defnitely understand what would cause for the data to not sync up from BW perspective to selection profiles?

Thanks

Ravi

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You said "we have multiple selection profiles".

But you didn't mentioned how exactly the selection profiles has created I mean for which charactorstics/attributes has created the selections.

For how many selection profiles you are not able to see the data.what are the charactoristics/attributes are there in those selections.

Have you given any of the Values for those charactorstics/Attributes when you create those selections.

Can you pls provide that information?

And also for your understanding pls check the below ways. Hope the below mentioned points will help you why the issue has raised.

1) Is all selection profiles created in PB for all the selections whether the data is loading from BI to APO BI or not?

2) Hope you or your BI guy already captured BI Report before facing this issue when your BI guy has loaded the data from BI to APO BI.

3) Now you are saying that issue has got resolved by reloading master data by your BI Resource and by doing consistency checks. Pls get the bex report download after reloading master data by your BI Resource which keyfigure the data is copying from BI to APO BI. 

4) Compare both the Reports before master data reloading and after master data reloading and try to check for the selections which the data has missed in PB.

5) if data has missed only for particular skus, or depots. pls check clearly the attributes in the Selection profiles which data has not loaded prevoulsly and the Bex Report attributes i.e Infocube attributes/charactoristics.

As you said by reloading the master data by your BI Guy your issue has resolved.

Hope the above mentioned points will help you to understand completely about the issue.

if you want indepth clarity on your issue means pls reply me the above questions which I checked.

Regards,

Subhan