cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from local to remote deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed NW4 sneak preview (+ NWDS) locally. Can I use this to deploy to a remote J2EE engine? I changed the J2EE Engine properties to the remote message server host and port but when deploying I get the following error:

/userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Deploy Thread] ERROR: Deployment aborted

Deployment exception: Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

Can I do this configuration with the local SDM? I can logon to the remote SDM server using RemoteGui. Everything seems up and running.

Thanks, Eugen.

Message was edited by: Eugen Furler

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugen,

It is possible to use a local NWDS to develop applications and to deploy this applications to remote server.Problem here seems to be ur remote server.

1)Check ur remote server name and port or try with remote server ip address.

2)Check ur server up or not

window->showview->j2ee engine

and in studio select j2ee engine.Check ur j2e server instance 0 .if it is up then dispatcher,sdm,server nodes will be green. if it is not first try to up ur server..

3)if u want to install new nwds then u can get it frm sap and just run the setup.exe file..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi perumal

i installed nwds_09 on my latop and i have jdk latest version . i want to deploy the developed webdynpro application on the Enterprise portal server

1)steps i did windows->preferences->sapj2ee--->remote host - name of the ep server is given ,and the default port . i had the router given in my hostfile in etc .

even after giving the name it comes up green for j2ee and others but it show a error it is

"Dec 29, 2005 3:13:03 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[001]Deployment aborted

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

"

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

They say that they got to open one of the port to get remote acees do any one can say how to do that

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Eugen,

SAP WAS Sneak preview version can be installed either locally or remotely where as NWDS should be locall.Coming to your post do you have access to SAP WAS(J2EE), if it's remote you have to specify the host and port(default 3601)of the server installation in NWDS this can be done windows->prefferences->j2ee enginee once host and port or correct you can see server,dispatcher,server0 indiacates green signal which means you can build,run applications.your case you have to check fisrt of all wether server is up if it's down you can make it up locally by right clicking on j2ee instance start j2ee enginee(don't forget to refresh).

hope this solved your prob..

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

I am pretty much stuck here:

a) the remote server:port (as I can see it in our SLD) is set in Windows->Preferences->J2EE Engine.

b) In View J2EE Engine I see it is there but there are no entries/green lights for dispatcher, sdm, and server as I can see for the local engine.

c) the management console shows only the local server.

d) Go.bat seems to require java 1.4.1 but I have 1.4.2, so it does not start.

How can I check/configure the remote system (dispatcher, sdm, server) so that I can deploy to it? From Benny's answer I understand I cannot use e.g. the SDM that came with the sneak preview...

Can this be a VPN issue after all? I use VPN to connect to the SAP Systems.

For now I can deploy to the local sneak preview but the 90 days are over this month.

Regards, Eugen.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No, you cannot. This needs a different license.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Benny,

Not exactly what I wanted to hear but thank you for the quick response.

Eugen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What steps do I need to follow to use the NWDS (downloaded as part of the sneak preview, Version 2.0.9, Build 200411030238) to deploy my web dynpro applications to a remote host? Can I add a license to the sneak preview or do I need to download/install a new version? Do I have to uninstall the local WAS?