cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoke a web service through the internet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

after reading a lot about the NetWeaver i understand the it is possible to invoke a web service through the internet,

i am attempting to do so using the SAP BC,

i understand that it is possible to write a web service using the SAP BC Integrator but all i need to do is to invoke an already written web service,

i should say that i have never before worked with this technology (web services),

thnks,

mickey.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Via the SAP Business Connector you can easily generate a service that will call the existing web service.

Just click on the "create new service" icon and select the last option "Web service connector". Ideally you should have the WSDL file which the SAP BC uses to generate the inpu/output interface. Once generated you can just call it from within another service or even connect a SAP RFC function module with that service ...

Works superb!

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need to get familiar with consuming web services please go on SDN to Developer Areas -> Web Application Server -> Quick Links -> Tutorials -> "Creating an Email-Client using Web Dynpro and Web Services". This tutorial explains how to build an application with Web Dynpro based on a publicly available web service.