cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPINST error during extraction under AIX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to install SAP ERP ECC6 EHP7 under operating system IBM AIX 7.1 and oracle 11g through SWPM ( new sapinst)

first I open xmanager Broadcast then assign my desktop ip in DISPLAY variable  for example my desktop IP is 192.68.200.20 then I set DISPALY variable in AIX as   export DISPLAY=192.168.200.20:0.0   then xclock working now

I create a folder under /oracle/install      ( for SAP ERP installation directory)

and run command /cddump/solman71sr1/aftersapcar/swpm/sapinst

it give me following error

# /cddump/solman71sr1/aftersapcar/swpm/sapinst

[=                             ] / extracting... iaextract.c:315: error in writing extracted file: No space left on device

as per sapnote  1927860   I give enviornment variable TEMPDIR to /tmp

export TEMPDIR=/tmp

tmp is 20GB of space free

main mount point created

/oracle

/usr/sap

/sapmnt

Note

another mount partition /usr is used 98%

Please guide me how to resolved this issue

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor

Hi

Kindly refer the SAP Note  1927860 - SAPINST failed with error: No space left on device

Before Stating the installation have you check the prerequisite of AIX 7.1?

Kindly refer the Master guide https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000896802012E.pdf

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sriram for your prompt and helpful reply I already read sapnote which you mention in your reply and set environment variable TEMPDIR according to this note but no success

now I change the the path of TEMPDIR variable to /oracle/tmp  installer working but now issue is that I am trying to install solution manager through SWPM under oracle database but there is not option for solman except solman powered by hana

sap provided only SWPM with solution Manager box Please guide me how to install solution manager

Regards

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using SWPM 1.0 for the installation of Solution Manager.If not you can download as from marketplace Software Downloads ---> Solution Manager 7.1 --->  Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 and from the location download as per your system landscape.

Thanks

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Use SWPM Variant 70SWPM* not SWPM*.

Details here

Regards,

Akshay

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shahid,

Two SWPM is there.

1. SWPM10SP04

2. 70SWPM10SP04

You can try other one from which you execute sapinst.

Thanks & Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for giving me informative information . 70SWPM10SP04_1.SAR

contain solman 7.1 SR1  and 2nd  SWPM10SP04_1.SAR contain  solman 7.1 sr1 powerd by HANA

during installation solman asked RDBM which in form of .SAR Files how can we installed only oracle software

1. uncar all .SAR files into folder and installed oracle software through this

please guide me.

Regards

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

During the installation, just point out the path to where your RDMS Software is located on File System.

Then when your installer proceeds further then in around phase 7, the installer will be stopped and you will be prompted to install the RDBMS (Software only) as per the installer instructions.

Just follow the installation instructions and please give some of yourself to read the installation guide first before doing installations, its pretty much straight forward:

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just go to OS level with sidadm and do SAPCAR -xvf <file you want to uncar>, this will extract everything in the same folder you are on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

before you start SAPINST make sure you do under root:

export TEMP= "directory where you have at least 3 GB"

then check if the user evn variables are changed with command "env | grep -i temp"

After that start sapinst.

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

Give a restart of your system and then start the sapinst.

As you already mentioned that tmp have 20gb space free and TEMPDIR is also set and it follows all prerequisites, give a restart of your system and check.

Regards,

Rafikul