cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during custom SC upload transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use a custom transaction for uploading SC. This uploads data maintained in a specific format in text (tab delimited) file.

In the program, we use WS_UPLOAD function module to carry out this upload.

The issue we are facing is - whenever the text file has some blank rows or columns the transaction dumps out with a error message: <i><b>” unable to interpret ". " as a number “</b></i>

When we delete the blank rows/columns and upload--> this is working fine.

<b>This error is only when we use this custom transaction thro the web and not thro GUI.</b>

Also, we tried debugging...but the transaction is failing during the upload itself..we are not able to reach the code itself.

Please let me know if anything can be done.

Thanks,

Srivatsan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dennis_bruder
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

WS_UPLOAD is obsolete in higher basis releases. Have you already tried method GUI_UPLOAD from class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES?

Regards

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version are you using ?

<b>Seems to be problem with user attributes in SU01 transaction.

Ensure that Decimal notifications in Defaults tab is correctly assigned in SRM Web page.</b>

<b>Also, once the file is read in some local internal table, after upload, then delete all those lines which are empty (spaces) or having duplicate values. This can be done in ABAP easily.</b>

Please send me the detailed requirement on my email as well. What's the business requirement in detail ?

atul.kant@gmail.com

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul