cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find EH GUID for unprocessed event message id?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello  SCEM experts

I need to know how to fetch header GUID from unprocessed event gu id

In /SAPTRX/EVM_HDR table we have the event guid of unprocessed events under field EVT_GUID

I need to find the linkage of this unprocessed event with the main header guid ( like field ''EH_GUID" in table /SAPTRX/EH_HDR).

Issue: we need to write the report to process the thousand of unprocessed event messages in the /SAPTRX/EVM_STATUS

please let me know if anyone has worked on the same requirement like how we can reprocess unprocessed messages

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tarunveer,

you don't have to write any report for that. Unprocessed Messages are automatically processed if an Event Handler is created for that the event message is valid.

This is a standard feature of EM.

Example: You send a message with Tracking ID 4711 and CODESET DLNR. No EH is found. Message is stored in /SAPTRX/EVM_UNPR. Later an EH with Tracking ID 4711 and CODESET 4711 is created the message gets automatically processed for it.

You should check your process and message senders if something goes wrong there. Especially if you are not using this feature of first sending messages and later creating the EH.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steffen

The example you have mentioned is not the case in my situation.

Here in system , I can see the unprocessed entries in table "/SAPTRX/EVM_UNPR". The same entries I can also see in table/SAPTRX/EVM_HDR but not in anyother SAP table.

I have checked the SAP NOTE# 656990 - Important background jobs for SAP

Event Management

There are 3 reports mentioned iN NOTE:

1) /SAPTRX/PROCESS_LOCKED_EHS

2) /SAPTRX/PROCESS_LOCKED_SETS

3) /SAPTRX/R_REPOST_AI_LOGS

After executing the above reports the problem has not solved yet.

As this is very common behaviour how we can reprocess these unprocessed events.

Many thanks

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tarunveer,

the process is this way:

• Event Message is sent to EM
  • Event Message is stored in all cases in /SAPTRX/EVM_HDR
  • It will be checked if an EH exists with the Tracking from the Event Message
  • If no -> entry in /SAPTRX/EVM_UNPR -> this is your case
  • If yes -> Message will be processed -> entry in /SAPTRX/EH_EVMSG with link EH-EVMSG
  • If EH is locked -> entry in table /SAPTRX/LOCKEDEH -> these entries can be reprocessed with report /SAPTRX/PROCESS_LOCKED_EHS

So in your case it is as written above. There is no EH for that message. You can check this easily.

Take from one of the message the Tracking ID and Codeset from table /SAPTRX/EVM_HDR and check in table /SAPTRX/EH_HDR if an EH exists. This will not be the case.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steffen

I checked the table /SAPTRX/LOCKEDEH where I passed event id from table EVM_HDR. I did not get any EH_GUID from it.

If I can get EH_GUID for the unprocessed events guid , the problem will get solve. I am not able to fetch the same. Any more inputs I can search for this?

Thanks

Tarunveer

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tarunveer,

It seems like you don't understand the Event Management solution here. If a message is unprocessed it's because it cannot find an applicable EH with the corresponding Tracking ID to post against. i.e. There is no EH_GUID associated with that event message. Only when an EH with the appropriate Tracking ID is posted will it be associated with an EH_GUID but at that stage the event wouldn't be in unprocessed status anymore.

I think we have explained the scenario sufficiently in the notes above so I will close out the thread.

Thank you

Kevin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

spacegaier
Explorer
0 Kudos

Steffen already correctly commented on your business requirement and the fact that the SAP standard already covers that.

To also answer your concrete technical question: The DB table /SAPTRX/EH_EVMSG provides a link between the EH Header and its messages.