Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC BRM: Update Org Levels of derived roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GRC experts,

we are using the GRC BRM Master Derived concept and have around 100 Master roles in place.

I understand that the Org Levels of derived roles are only once set per Org Value Map during the initial (Mass) Derivation.

If we add a transation like VA01 to a Master role this also adds some new Org Levels to the Master role. Via "Propagate to Derived roles" the new transaction and object values are added into the Derived roles.

For the new Org Levels these are added also but the values are not the one from the Org Value Map of the Derived role but exactly the same values of the Master Role.

Using "Derived Role Org. values Update" does not help us here to update the corresponding Derived roles as no change to the Org Value Map has been done.

In case a Master role has 40 different Derived roles associated this would require to update manually any of the Derived roles for adjusting the new Org Levels.

Does anybody know how to automate this task?

Many thanks for your help!

Regards,

Markus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus Richter

Once you maintain the imparting role and propagate to the derived role, the derived roles will inherit the new org values from the imparting. So that at least has the org values in the derived roles but not the correct values

Next up is to try to use the Mass Maintain Roles to update the derived roles with correct values from the org map (ensure org maps were updated first) mentioned in post

Does this work for you as an approach?

Regards

Colleen

7 REPLIES 7

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus Richter

Once you maintain the imparting role and propagate to the derived role, the derived roles will inherit the new org values from the imparting. So that at least has the org values in the derived roles but not the correct values

Next up is to try to use the Mass Maintain Roles to update the derived roles with correct values from the org map (ensure org maps were updated first) mentioned in post

Does this work for you as an approach?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

thanks - this is working fine for me!

Regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

would you mind showing a screenshot of "update per Org Map."?

In "Mass Role Update" I can only find "Organizational Level Values" for which I can only change an old value to a new value. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

I want to repopulate the org level values of several derived roles based on my org level maps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

please use menu item "Derived Role Org values Update" - this is a screenshot from GRC 10:

Regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your quick reply. But this is not working for me: "Derived Role Org values Update" allows the update of derived roles for 1 particular domain/org value map (step 1: select domain, step 2: select impacted roles with the same domain).

I'm looking for a way to update multiple derived roles with different domains.

Cfr. your initial request in this thread:

- new object in master role leads to new organizational field (Company Code)

- synchronizing the derived roles with the master results in the derived roles all having the new organizational field (Company Code) with the same value as the master

I'm looking for a way to update all derived roles now with their correct values for Company Code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

there´s no way to update multiple derived roles from different domains in one step.

You need to update derived roles for any specific domain each and run through the update process. The select the next domain and its derived roles.

Regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

OK, thanks.

I got confused then.

Your initial post has the same request:

"In case a Master role has 40 different Derived roles associated this would require to update manually any of the Derived roles for adjusting the new Org Levels.

Does anybody know how to automate this task?"

To which the correct answer seems to be the answer in forum post

But I can't seem to find a way how to automate it.

I assume your reply "thanks - this is working fine for me!" was not referring to that post then.

Thanks anyway,