SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase the performance of FPB7 run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a situation where the user is claiming that after the SAP security upgrade the performance of the Payment lot via FPB7 has reduced from 15-20 secs to 5 mins. Total records are around 2250.

We havenot changed or enhanced anything related to Payment lot during the upgrade. Does anyone has a clue what could be the root cause.

Thanks,

Priyanka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

It may happen that after the Security upgrade there are some more authorization checks, which have been introduced in the standard program which is taking up the time.

If you put a trace on, you get the authorization objects, which are getting hit with the execution of the program.

Also check if you are running some other mass job or not in parallel to the payment job, it will also have an impact on the performance of the job.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i believe the processing time depends on the number of records processed,and the free process avaible to the program at that time. pls verify if earlier lots also had this much number of items(2250),it may be a one of case where you have large number of records.if this is not the cause you may have to activate trace on the program the next time around and look at tables that take more time to update.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

It may happen that after the Security upgrade there are some more authorization checks, which have been introduced in the standard program which is taking up the time.

If you put a trace on, you get the authorization objects, which are getting hit with the execution of the program.

Also check if you are running some other mass job or not in parallel to the payment job, it will also have an impact on the performance of the job.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I have a similar issue regarding the performance of Bank statement upload.

We have a wrapper program which first calls "FF_5" and after completion of FF_5 we call FPB7 to transfer payment/Return lot.

file contains 18000 records on an average per day.

and FPB7 executes in single string so it takes long time, i tried it with the option of splitting the lot by using the lot size but could not find that helpful, as program stops after splitting the lot.

I tried to find SAP note also but couldn't find it.

so is there any way i can process FPB7 in multiple string using lot split.

Regards,

Lalit

0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

I would recommend you to develop a custom program which would get called from FF_5.

This custom program will split the lot and call transaction FPB7 to post the lot in SAP.

Just make sure that there is a delay of at least 2 sec b/w each call that you make for FPB7 for processing the split lot in SAP.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Is there any specific exit or enhancement point where i can do the following.

Regards,

Lalit

0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

I don't think so.. the only option would be do it under a custom program.

Thanks,

Amlan