Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity Decimals 0.xyz does not match unit of measure XY customizing

ian_owen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I have seen other threads on this issue without a clear solution. We have been on SRM 7.1 for over a year now, but since we applied service packs 8-11 the other weekend we are seeing some abnormal behavior with documents that were created prior to the upgrade. It seems anything we specify units in 1 or more decimal places (DP) shows the above error msg: More often around confirmation time. We did not have this problem before the SPK application, but do so now.

We are fortunate that we still have a sandbox environment at SPK7, so can compare values to see if anything has changed. I can see for example that TO (tonne), which we have a problem with, that the settings in CUNI in both clients are exact.

And from other discussions on BADi BBP_ROUNDING_BADI, I can see that it is activated in both pre-SPK and post SPK clients.

I have included the UoM setting in CUNI for example

Any ideas and thanks for your help?

Ian  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Note 1874190 changed the behavior in SP11 to validate the unit decimal place, because it is considered to be a program error that for a UoM, which has decimal place as blank/zero, you are able to cr confirmation with quantity with decimals. System does not allow to create confirmation with decimal places in quantity field if the uni of measure parameter says it shouldn't.

Take "TO" as an example:
In your system, in CUNI, the "Decimal places" is set as '0'.
So when you create a confirmation by entering quantity as '0,700', system will issue this error. This is a correct behavior.
Basically you need to make sure the quantity you enter should be consistent with the Decimal Place customizing of this UoM.

Regards,
Ricardo