Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on CIF Queues

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Apo Experts,

I am having some queries on CIF queues...

> I am getting below SYSFAIL error in outbound queues at APO Side.

I can see that error text as " Material status does not allow a planned independent " . But there is no material number in the error text. So i double clikced the queue again. then i get the below screen which gives information about LUW , whichj is very very long ....

Q1. How to know the material number in this particular queue ? I have posted the same question in previous post and i got reply that u need to keep clicking the queue until u find material number. I have done the same , but i didnt find any material number. I was getting this LUW Information , which is very long and it is in digital coding .

(""" I have checked these queues in SCM Queue Manager also, and i was unable to find the material numner )

Q2. How to process this Queue again ? Can i maintain the Material Status in ECC Side and process this queue again ?

Q3. One question on LUW. Does all the material numbers which are assigned in one Particular Integration model form a single LUW ??

Suppose i have given 10 materials in a integration model X and another 5 materials in another integration model Y , Then there will be two LUW's .. is it right ??

Q4.  ( this may question may sound stupid but still.... ) .. Outbound queue in APO gets created when we are transferring something from APO to R/3 , and system was unable to process. So due to the error, an Outbound Queue gets created . My question is , If suppose there is a porblem in R/3 side, then whether an Inbound queue gets created at R/3 side ?? Or only Outbound Queue in APO gets created ?? or both gets created ??

I am having above serious doubts and working on the same. Request to kindly provide your inputs .Thanks to all for your time and support. Good Day !!

Regards,

Raghavendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emani,

Below information is based on best of my knowledge and experience, please try and let me know i this helps.

Q1. How to know the material number in this particular queue ? I have posted the same question in previous post and i got reply that u need to keep clicking the queue until u find material number. I have done the same , but i didnt find any material number. I was getting this LUW Information , which is very long and it is in digital coding .

(""" I have checked these queues in SCM Queue Manager also, and i was unable to find the material numner )

Ans: Please follow below steps

SMQ1/SMQ2 --> double click on queue name ---> again double click on queue name ---> again double click on queue name.

You will reach on a screen with heading , here you will be able to see material name and other information;

Q2. How to process this Queue again ? Can i maintain the Material Status in ECC Side and process this queue again ?

ANS: This will depend on the error message you are getting under status column, if this is due to some temporary reasons, then you can try executing by pressing execute button , or you might need to delete the queue ---> remove reason of sysfail ---> regenerate the queue.

Q3. One question on LUW. Does all the material numbers which are assigned in one Particular Integration model form a single LUW ??

Suppose i have given 10 materials in a integration model X and another 5 materials in another integration model Y , Then there will be two LUW's .. is it right ??

ANS: Please check below link for more details on qRFC administration

qRFC Administration - Connectivity - SAP Library

Further for different objects different LUWs got formed i.e. Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Stock etc., you  can find more information on qRFC communication model in below link.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/48/9be66e1f84062ee10000000a42189d/content.htm?framese...

Q4.  ( this may question may sound stupid but still.... ) .. Outbound queue in APO gets created when we are transferring something from APO to R/3 , and system was unable to process. So due to the error, an Outbound Queue gets created . My question is , If suppose there is a porblem in R/3 side, then whether an Inbound queue gets created at R/3 side ?? Or only Outbound Queue in APO gets created ?? or both gets created ??

ANS: Queues are getting created whenever you transfer some data from one system to another, if there is some issue then the queue doesn't get cleared, it gets stuck.

If you are sending data from ECC to APO then it creates outbound queue in ECC and if it gets cleared then an Inbound queue in APO.

Hope this answers your query.

Rgds

Sourabh

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Thanks a lot for detail explanation.

> Regarding my question 1 , i just followed your steps, 3 times double clikced on teh queue name , but still i am getting screen with heading , Scrrenshot same like my previous post. i am not getting screen ...

Why so ??? Are they any settings needs to be done ??

Thanks...

Emani

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I just found some settings which needs to be made.These were not there in our configuration. So these need to be made for Queue Display ??

Prerequisites

1. To be able to display queue contents using the qRFC monitor, you have to register the program CIFQEV02 in SAP R/3 and program /SAPAPO/CIF_QUEUE_EVENT2 in qRFC administration in SAP APO as the display programs for CF* queues.  To do this, call transaction SMQE.  Choose Edit ® Register Display Program. Under Queue Name enter CF* and under Display Program enter CIFQEVO2 (for SAP R/3) or /SAPAPO/CIF_QUEUE_EVENT2 (for SAP APO).
  2. As of SAP R/3 Plug-In 2002.2 for SAP R/3 4.0B and higher, you can configure CIF queue display on a user-specific basis in the implementation guide (IMG) in SAP R/3 for the APO Core Interface by choosing: Basic Settings for Setting Up the System Landscape ® Settings for qRFC Communication ® Configure CIF Queue Display on a User-Specific Basis.

If you are working with outbound queues and want to navigate to the relevant application logs in the receiving system from the queue contents display, you have to enter a dialog user at the RFC destination in user maintenance (transaction SU01).

Link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/57/c42c08b09fe547a2460e1e6a4604f3/content.htm

Thanks.

Regards,

Venkata Emani

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi emani,

Its great to know, that you have got what you were looking for, and thanks for sharing your research as well.

Rgds

Sourabh

Answers (0)