cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVM2.0 Standard Edition AS provisoning Enabling and Rename System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After installing LVM2.0 SP03 and configuring it, i tried to test the rename process through AS provisoning, I do enabled 2 systems to be used for Application Server Unstallation under AS provisoning option. But, never activated on AS provisoning tab " The warning Message No system selected; to be visible here, systems must be enabled for provisioning in the configuration".

Any help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem is resolved after upgrading LVM 2.0 SP04

thanks

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

Super! 🙂

Glad to know that the recommendation to update to LVM 2.0 SP04 helped resolve the issue and this might be useful for other customers as well facing similar issues.

Best Regards,

Adarsh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Can you please tell after the installtion of LVM 2.1 standard edition on NW 7.4 Windows, what steps need to be performed for configuration, how to add a system so that we can test our LVM. We have done CTC wizard step only yet..

Thanks

Neha

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Please refer to the following section under official product documentation for LVM 2.1 STD EDT on SAP Help Portal.

help.sap.com/lvmstd21

Go to >> Landscape Configuration  >>  Initial Landscape Setup and Initial Entities Configuration

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wael,

To this aim, you need to checkmark the system ("Application Server (Un-)installation") in the system details of the Configuration tab .

Then it will work.

Regards,

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dieter for your help

I have already checked the system "application Server (Un-) Installation" in the system detailsof the configuration tab , but the provisoning AS is not activated. I made the Provisoing tool as Provisoning application DVD path under infrastructure AS provisoning application.

Thnaks

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

That sounds a bit strange because until you have maintained a valid release configuration under "Infrastructure > System and AS Provisioning Configuration" you cannot enable "Application Server (Un-)Installation" in the System Configuration as it would complain about the missing release configuration.

When you create a new release configuration under "System and AS Provisioning Configuration", plesae make sure the OS Type and OS release are exactly the same as your system configuration and you have to provide a valid path to the installation DVD.

Please refer to the following links for official documentation:

Configuring Application Server (Un-)Installations - SAP NetWeaver Landscape Virtualization Managemen...

Installing Application Servers on an Existing System - SAP NetWeaver Landscape Virtualization Manage...

Relevant SAP Notes: 1550099 and 1798556

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Thank you for your reply. Me too, i found that's strange. I followed the guidelines and notes with accuracy and unfortunately, the AS provisoning is not enabled. When configuring the AS Provisoning, i checked well the Release version and OS type. Can you suggest for me a DVD exemple just for test. I extracted SWPM.sar and i put it as a local path for the root installation DVD. I have a doubt in this point.

Thank you for your help

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

I suspect this could be because of some user permission issues.

Could you please check the group/roles/permission for your user (what is the role associated with your suer adn what group does it belong to) ? You can find the details on this link (official documentation):

Standard Permissions - SAP NetWeaver Landscape Virtualization Management, Standard - SAP Library

Standard Roles and Groups - SAP NetWeaver Landscape Virtualization Management, Standard - SAP Librar...

Plese refer to the following SAP Note as well (section 1.5): 1709155 - System Provisioning with Landscape Virtualization
Management

What is the NetWeaver release of your system ? and OS release/type ?

Lemme know if the above info. helps.

Best regards,

Adarsh

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

Lemme know if your issue is resolved ?

Best Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh

I'm sorry to be late to respond you. Really i thank you for help. But i do mention that i affected the roles of administrator and SAP_LVM_SUPERADMIN to my user. I tried many versions and always As Provisoning is not detected in AS provisoning tab.

release: 7.40

I didn't install the VCM_ENT.sca since my version is a standard one.

Can I get a trial version to verify this Bug.

thanks.

best regards

Wael

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

Thanks for your reply.

You do not need VCM_ENT since AS Provisioning is part of Standard Edition.

I would recommend that you open a CSS message on the component BC-VCM-LVM so that our DEV could have a deeper look into your issue and help resolve your issue. I guess you've taken care of all the prerequisites and it looks pretty strange so the only way would be create a customer ticket in case in order to resolve the issue.

Just ping me once you've created the ticket.

Btw, if you are interested to evaluate LVM Enterprise Edition, you can talk to your account executive and get a trial license which is usually valid for 3 months and can be extended (please check with your AE).

Best Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh

I'm so thankful and really it 's what i have done. I opend CSS message.

I will inform you with newer resolution suggestion.

Best regards.

Wael Nefzi