Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Audit Log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

One small question.. I have enabled “Security Audit Log” through SM19 after setting the profile parameters , every thing is working fine BUT when things come to SPRO the analysis report only shows SPRO Transaction, but I want to have further detail like in SPRO user accessed which transactions of customization.

Will it be done through audit log or there is some other way..i want maximum logging of user activities..

Please reply and get poits SURELY

Zeeshan

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zeeshan,

A few inputs from my side..

We enable Security Audit logs only for System Administrators in PRD systems. ( He would anyways not have SPRO in PRD) and also its not activated on other systems like DEV or QTY as of now.

So our biggest concern is in PRD and we avoid giving any Cistomizing or Dev transactions to any of the users in PRD.

In case of any special situtaions we give them EXTRA authorizations and activate the Log via SM19. I am sure they would not be doing SPRO customization in PRD.

Also in other views, we have looked at VIRSA firefighter ID's for complete logging mechanism which has a step more on User logging.

I also have learnt that a few stringent laws in some countries restrict from complete logging of users.You should not trace the users completely end to end of what activity they are doing in the system..

Hope it Helps.

VBr,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers