cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MII. Make iGrid run faster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

While developing user interfaces based on SAP MII I am often using iGrid Display Template. I've find out that speed of iGrid reaction directly depends on its size. I understand that I should not pass large data amounts to Java applets (as iGrid), but even if iGrid has size of 10 columns to 100 rows it is downloading data very slowly..

Is it possible to make iGrid run faster? Maybe some Java or NetWeaver configuration should be implemented?

Any reply will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Vitaliy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rutika_bodas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliy,

MII Applets are inherently heavy as an application and hence run slow.

Which version of MII are you currently using?

I can suggest you to upgrade to MII 14.0 SP4, if possible. UI5 based Charts and Grids (called i5Charts and i5Grids) have been introduced in 14.0 SP4 onwards. They are much faster than the applets and have a better UI. May be that will solve your problem.

Regards,

Rutika Bodas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vitaliy, Have you done any profiling or testing to prove that its not your transaction or query that is running slower?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

If I'll run transaction or queries which are providing data to applets in Workbench they will work in an appropriate speed. I just would like the same speed for data loading to applets.

Seems like the problem is in applets, not in their data providers.

Best Regards,

Vitaliy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaly,

I am not sure which Version of MII you are running but there is one important thing to know about using Displaytemplates like iGrids .

In the layout section of your e.g. iGrid, you should always define the columns to use/display. If you are not doing this the query is always executed twice (first execution to determine the columns to display and second execution to get the data). I am not sure if this behaviour still exists in the latest mii versions/patches but in previous versions you could double Performance by just defining the column names. so maybe you can have a look at this.

Best wishes,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roland,

If I've understtod you correct, in layout I should select the columns to display form all the possible columns in query? Please see the screenshot below:

Is that correct? Please explain if I've missed your advice.

Thank you,

Vitaliy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaly,

yes, that's correct. Does it help or was it this way already?

best wishes,

R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

That configuration was already implemented. Anyway, thank your for advice! Maybe it will help another one who will face this issue.

Best Regards,

Vitaliy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The real solution is to drop the iGrid and applets all together and start working with SAPUI5 or the client side javascript grid that you prefer (I like Slickgrid if you need to load a lot of data)

Take a look at SAPUI5 SDK - Demo Kit

I'm not sure how this is implemented in the latest MII release with the first steps towards SAPUI5 integration though, also a worthwhile path to explore.