cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally moving from SQL Anywhere 9.0 to 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are finally making the move from SQL Anywhere 9.0 to 16 - big leap !

I have been running 16 on our test server for over a year and see no problems with the application. One thing I have tested and seems to work is the gradual roll out to each site.

So we have out consolidated server which I am going to leave on 9.0 until the end. I will upgrade each site to 16 in turn. We still use SQL Remote as this has always worked well for us. On the test system I have not seen any problem running different versions of ASA on the consolidated and remote sites - I suppose I'm just looking for re-assurance that this is the case . I'm going use this opportunity to increase the page size as well. (will be using -ar for rebuilding.)

Consolidated DB is approx 70GB and we have 10 remote sites.

Any feedback would be welcome.

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonHinsperger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Older and newer dbremote message agents can communicate with each other, so you should be able to do this, assuming you are not using VIM or MAPI.

If you haven't already, you should read over the behaviour changes and deprecated features for each version from 9-16:

DocCommentXchange

Your roll-out approach is a good way to go, especially for an upgrade across so many versions.

--Jason

Answers (0)