Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the use of soap action?

ravi_reddy1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

what is the functionality of soap action in receiver soap adapter?

Thanks & Regards

E.Ravi Chandra Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The SOAP action tells which method to call in the web service. The web service which is getting called might be serving differnet functionalities. This can checked by looking the the different operations in the corresponding WSDL. So, the relevant operation is to be mentioned in the SOAP action in the SOAP receiver adapter.

Regards,

Akshay

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This “SOAP action” tells the web service to perform a particular action. It will call the related method in the WSDL and perform that action and that WSDL may contain different functionalities/Methods and the action we will give in the channel will call the particular method

I have attched the screen of a WSDl containing different methods  (WSMethods)

Channel for more reference

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

please refer the below link and check the SOAP receiver adapter section point 1 and 5

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-sce...

Regards

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

What do you want to say ? Did i said any thing wrong in my previous post ?

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use SOAP action in receiver SOAP communication channel when more than one operations(Methods) are there in WSDL.

To check the number of operations in WSDL ,either import the WSDL to PI server as an external definition and check for no. of operations (or) open WSDL in edit plus and check for no. of operations.

We provide SOAP action to tell which operation that we want to invoke.

Regards

Venkat

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check Grzegorz Glowacki reply in the below thread.

Regards,

Muni.