cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the connection for an existing storyboard in SAP LUMIRA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not find any option to change the connection  for our existing Dashboard.
This is a very basic requirement. If want to change my server IP address for an exciting dashboard ,we do not see any option available on the tool.

E.g : For an existing Storyboard I pointed the Data Set to suppose Server A  in Dev & wants to change the server to B in Prod.

Any workaround or available options in SAP LUMIRA?

Would appreciate  quick help on this!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you open your LUMS file, Lumira prompts you for your HANA server credentials. In that screen you can change the host name for the file and then save. Just close Lumira and open it again.

I can think of a couple of additional work arounds if for some reason this is not working for you. Let me know if you are still facing an issue.

If you are looking for a way to change the server setting without closing the document you can add this requirement to ideas.sap.com for the Dev team to consider in future versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I am using SQL sever 2008  & there it does not prompt me to change the connection even if I open the Lums file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vidhi,

My apologies. SQL is not changeable at the moment - we're investigating a workaround.

//bijan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, okay here's the work-arounds:

1. Use a domain from your hosts file instead of plugging in the IP address. That way you can change where you are pointing to by manipulating the hosts file.
  2. Try at your own risk (not supported) - extract the lums file with your favourite zip archive tool (mine is 7zip) and change the ConnectionServerHost entity inside document.xml. When you pack it back up it should now connect to your new server.

Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian Estevez,

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, I strongly agree with Sebastian here.

This is a missing product feature so please create a new idea here: https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_list.bix?c=6013C007-A70B-4283-93CE-2531683D816D

Best regards,

Antoine

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I submitted this enhancement request as an 'idea' over here Ability to repoint a lumira document, based on free-hand sql, to another database server host : View... 

please do add your vote to it!

regards,

H

0 Kudos

Hi how can I repack all file in a new .lums file?
If I use a zip program does't work, lumira don't recognise the format.

Thanks,

Raffaella Baroni

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I really appreciate your workaround for our current problem.It really worked ...Hats Off
Wanted to check do you have any workaround for Data scheduling on Lumira cloud too ??

Regards,

Vidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vidhi,

We're still looking at this internally as well. We're going to be meeting with the one responsible for the agent, and see what we can do! 🙂

//bijan

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

that's great to hear, thanks for following that up

0 Kudos

Any update on this, please? Discussion is about a year old.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Bijan left the company .   Please can you revert to the internal JAM ?  thx

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good news - the Repointing of existing content to new datasources is now possible from the Home >  Connections part of the desktop UI :

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Irshaad,

I followed the same doc ,but cannot see my SQL server connection there in the list apart from that all excel connections are available.

To have a clear picture I am the owner of the document, so ideally connection should be in the list.

Help on the same.

Regards,

Vidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

As shown in the video ,there is HANA connection as well as Connection with universe .Tried with both saved as document but still no luck. We cannot see any connection apart from Excel.

Please help on the same.