SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agency info files format enhancement

gulrez1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Please let me know best way to enhance info files send and receive to / from collection agency. I have to add more fields in the information files.

Below events are provided by SAP for the info files

1. 1729 - Mass Activity: Information for Collection Agency
  2. 5051 - Collection Agency: Add Header Data in Information File
  3. 5052 - Collection Agency: Add Item Data in Information File
  4. 5053 - Collection Agency: Add End Record in Information File

should I use above events to enhance my file structure or should I develop custom program to generate file on the application server directly. Please sugest best practice.

Thanks,

Gulrez

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gulrez,

Event 5051, 5052 and 5053 are called when FPCI is triggered and is the best option to make changes in the file format for the information file.

In these, you can fill industry- and customer-specific fields of the file header, file body and file end record for information to the collection agency.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gulrez,

Event 5051, 5052 and 5053 are called when FPCI is triggered and is the best option to make changes in the file format for the information file.

In these, you can fill industry- and customer-specific fields of the file header, file body and file end record for information to the collection agency.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Event 5051, 5052 and 5053 are called when FPCI is triggered and fill file format which gets written on the application server. Now my question is should I enhance standard SAP structure being used to create file ?

Please let me know your views in details.

Thanks,

Gulrez

0 Kudos

Hi Gulrez,

If you have a Business requirement which is not met by the standard FM in the events 5051, 5052 and 5053, you can go and copy the standard FM make the necessary changes and plug them into these events.

On executing FPCI, it will trigger these FM's and will create the Information file as per your requirement.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Event 5051, 5052 & 5053 generate info file, standard FM can be copied and plug into these events, thats fine.

As per my understanding purpose of the events are :

5051 - Create header of the file - Structure FKKCOLLH_I  can be enhanced to put more fields

5052 - Body of the file - Structure FKKCOLLP_IR can be enhanced to put more fields into the file

5053 - Footer of the file - Structure FKKCOLLT_I  can be enhanced if footer needs to be changed.

First approach

is to enhance above structures to add required fields into the structure and write logic in the event 5052 to fetch fields.

Second approach

write all the logic in the FM which includes all required fields and write file directly on the application server.

Please suggest which one is the better.

Thanks,

Gulrez

0 Kudos

Hi Gulrez,

I would recommend to go with the second option, as it will only be specific for the Information files and will not have any impact on the structures which may  have been used elsewhere as well.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your reply. I have enhanced existing standard structures to add additional fields in the header and body of the submission file instead of decalring custom structure and directly writing file on the application server. This solution is working fine .

Regards,

Gulrez

pankaj_sap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can enhance the 5052 and 5053 event for adding the new fields into the file .5053 will be called to create the file .

Thanks ,

Pankaj