Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead line block is not getting executed

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I configured BPM scenario to collect messages from one interface and create IDOCs in ECC.i configured with following steps

Start

Block(start of Block)

Loop(While 1=1)

receive

container step(to create multiline container)

endloop

Exception branch

Deadline branch(time 1 minute with control step)

End block

Transformation

send.

But deadline branch is not getting executed.its going to endless loop.

anybody got idea about the problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As explained by above , you would have to use Block level exception handler. I hope you already done that, see the correlation condition and the cotainer operation is Append and the container variable shoul be multiline, and check the dead line condition , if 1 min wait then no msg is received then what it should ??

here you would have to raise some exceptio or cancel process or raise alert some proces byexception brance??

see the below link

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

Reconciliation of Messages in BPM - /people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/04/08/reconciliation-of-messages-in-bpm

Regards

Chilla..

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that:

1. your deadline branch has a control step raising the exception (and this exception branch could be empty, since it will only end the block; you can create another exception handler for specific application exceptions);

2. all the exception handlers are defined in Block step;

3. your correlation container is properly started and used by receive step (with the right fields being used for each correlation string).

And as best practices, make sure that:

1. your correlation is defined as local correlation in the Block step;

2. your loop step contains only the receive step (which starts process) and a container operation of type append, which appends the received message into a multiline container (do all mappings after the loop is complete).

Finally, save and activate your changes, go into SXI_CACHE transaction and check the returncode your BPM; it should be zero. Otherwise, there is something wrong with it.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I identified the error before posting this issue here.its dead line block problem in block step.when i go to SXMB_MONI i could see successful status from source sender service to integration process,i havent found messages going from integration process to target(R/3) system.The loop is not getting terminated,its going to infinite iterations.In deadline step i specified time 1min.

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using SAP Netweaver 2004s/SP level 10

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd recomend to raise an OSS message.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I hope this is not bug, try to check the correlation and the condition which was given for deadline branch or exception handler.

if error in Transformation step then check in mapping

if error in Block level after that no message in transformation then check in block ,for each step by step.

see the below link

monitoring BPm https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e7bc3a5a-0501-0010-1095-eb4...

Regards

Chilla

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i made configuration according to BpmPatternCollectTime pattern.

In SXI_CACHE Integration process status is 0. when i see messages in SXMB_MONI by selecting Multiline container under containers tab its showing all of my 3 messages which i sent(i mean i sent 3 messages in 2 minutes).

Source to Block step in BPM is working fine.

Those steps which were after Block step i.e Transformation and send step are not getting executed.i guess Dead Line step in block is going to endless loop.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like a bug.

Which XI version/SP level are you on?

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagadish,

You need to sepcify the exception in Block level. Did you do that?

Have a look into the BPM BpmPatternCollectTime which is available in the name space http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns in Software componet SAP BASIS.

Regards,

Jai Shankar