cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External link without authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Currently, I have came across request from our client ,They need task similarly to forgotten password reset task but with no authentication just for one repository.

More elaborated, If user forget password , He will goto the link , submits unique id  & new password is send over to his email.

Would like hear more inputs on this.

Regards,

Ali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

You create a task with task access control as anonymous, so that any user can access this particular task directly through the link.

In the task, filed to provide the username along with the submit button. When the anonymous user provides the username and submits, trigger the reset password task such a way that it will reset the password for the user on that particular repository and send it over mail.

The repository for which this has to be enabled can be hard coded in the script

All the best !!

~Krishna.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am getting up with unusual error on portal when i am trying to access the UI task directly, Please have look at the screen shot.

PS: Link looks something like this.

http://xxxxxxxxxx:50600/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~idm~wd~workflow/AnonymousEditTask?TaskId=100...

Task look as below.

Appreciate your inputs.

Many Thanks,

Ali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna,

You mean error loggin  with UErrmsg or something else.

Regards,

Ali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

yes, just incase of any errors in the script, it will be easy to debug

~ Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna/Matt,

Thanks for your's inputs...

I have build custom script to generate password depending upon the password policy , The system is Enterprise Portal.

I was planning for To Generic pass with auto generated password from other script & use Uset,Uprovision function to set password.

Please , Provide yours inputs on this.

Regards,

Ali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Yes, for me your approach looks fine. I recommend you to enable error logging in your scripts, so that it will be easy for you to trouble shoot in case of any issues.

All the best !!

~ Krishna.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ali,

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.

I think Krishna is correct.  You would need to create a custom task with anonymous access that would then need to pass the new password.  The main issue would be how to set the new password in the target system.  You'd need to have some sort of administrator access to set a new password in a Directory Service or Database.

What is the system?

Thanks,

Matt