cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with MX_ASSIGNMENT Attribute : SAP IDM 7.2 SP8

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts I have issue while assigning role using SAP Standard web enabled tasks ( Modify Identity) , When I tried to assign a Role with this task I get following error:

I created another copy of this tasks and used MXREF_MX_ROLE & MXREF_MX_PRIVILEGE attribute and it works fine, however I want to use the standard MX_ASSIGNMENT attribute only in order to be inline with SAP further enhancements with the standard tasks.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Issue was with our IDM UI patch, We upgraded to IDM UI Patch SP8 and all works as expected.

Thanks

Deepak Gupta

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Also have a look at this thread may be this can give you some leads to resolve the issue.

~ Krishna

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna

Thanks, I already checked that but that doesnt resolve the issue with MX_ASSIGNMENT.

I am already using MXREF_MX_PRIVILEGE for assignment but I want to use SAP Standard MX_ASSIGNMENT.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jerry

I haven't made any changes to default MX_ASSIGNMENT attribute, Please find the screenshot of Assignment and Presentation tab.

Can you compare with yours and advise if there are any changes:

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you haven't changed the attribute, the problem may be with the user.  Confirm via SQL that the user has roles/privs assigned (and not pending, but actually complete).

If they do, try creating a brand new UI task with just mskeyvalue and mx_assignment and confirm that its still broken.

Peter

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Peter

I created new Task but still issue remains the same.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

and you checked with a user that has privileges or roles assigned? Let's just focus on the "it's not even displaying"-part for now.

You wrote, it's not showing the privileges of the backend. Is it showing IdM-privileges at least? Like the ones needed for the different tabs. Could you check with your own user please?

Regards,

Steffi.

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steffi

I checked, Its even dont display the IDM privileges for any user.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am unabel to get any information from Trace log as well, Need your help in resolving issue with MX_ASSIGNMENTS attribute.

Also this attribute doesn't display any privilege assigned to user.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak ,

Have you made any changes at Attribute level for MX_Assignment .

By Default MX_ASSIGNMENT will display MX_PRIVILEGE OR MX_ROLE . Please check "Assignments or Presentation Tab" to check whether any changes are made .

Thanks ,

Jerry

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffi , Krisna I am already using the attributes you mentioned and it perfectly works. I am just wondering why SAP has given this attribute for role assignment in Standard tasks. Regards Deepak Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

sorry to say that you are wrong. MX_ASSIGNMENT is there for using it in UI tasks for assigning roles and privileges. So Deepak, there must be another problem there.

MX_ASSIGNMENT should not be used in jobs -> use there MXREF...

Regards, Jannis

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jannis I am using this attribute only with UI Tasks and its giving the error as in Screenshot. Can you please let me know what may be wrong ? Regards Deepak Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I do not know. Please have a look in NWA logs and traces -> Developer View and check if you see something suspicious there.

Best regards, Jannis

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jannis

Let me check

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Yes, Steffi is correct !!

You cannot assign directly to the MX_ASSIGNMENTS attribute.  You must use MXREF_MX_ROLE and MXREF_MX_PRIVEGE.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

if you look through the IdM-space you will find the mention of that attribute a lot and that you should just use it to display the assigned roles and privileges, not to assign them through it, because it's just meant as a read-only attribute. That's why it is not working for you and throwing the error.

So keep using MXREF_MX_ROLE and MXREF_MX_PRIVILEGE for changing the assignments and MX_ASSIGNMENT for displaying them and their relations to oneanother.

Regards,

Steffi.

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steffi

MXREF_MX_PRIVILEGE attribute works fine , MX_ASSIGNMENT is not working even for display.

Its not showing me the privileges user has in backend system

Regards

Deepak Gupta