SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article hierarchy node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create an article hierarchy but then it seems there's no option to create multiple hierarchy nodes after creating an hierarchy. I could create one node assignment and it shows up the node id but that's all I could do. I couldn't even set the node as root node. Is there any t-code to create hierarchy node in this case?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the info.

What I wondered is that how can the hierarchy node is linked to the (custom) category level in this case. The system has by default 8 hierarchy levels starting with Industry, then Category, Sub-category, etc... When I created the first node in WMATGRP01 for the article hierarchy, it was always defaulted to first level (Industry) without any ability to change it. Is this standard behavior?

What if we don't want to use the standard hierarchy?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

first, you should define your hierarchy levels in customizing (Logistics - General --> Article Hierarchy --> Edit Hierarchy Levels). There, you should also define your Category Node.

After that, you should be able to create multiple nodes in your hierarchy via WMATGRP01 - Create or WMATGRP02 - Change. Didn't face any issues in my system here. You can create new nodes on the right side of the screen in the "Node assignments" - tab.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the info.

What I wondered is that how can the hierarchy node is linked to the (custom) category level in this case. The system has by default 8 hierarchy levels starting with Industry, then Category, Sub-category, etc... When I created the first node in WMATGRP01 for the article hierarchy, it was always defaulted to first level (Industry) without any ability to change it. Is this standard behavior?

What if we don't want to use the standard hierarchy?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

first, this is standard behaviour as article hierarchy has to be a "strict" hierarchy, so you can't spare levels that are defined.

But if the 8 levels in standard don't suit you, you can customize that to your needs. That can be done in SPRO --> Logistics - General --> Article Hierarchy --> Edit Hierarchy Levels (like mentioned above). So, e.g. if you don't want the "Industry" as first level, you can rename it, and if you only need 4 levels, you can erase 4 of the levels.

But as stated above: if you define 4 levels, you have to create all for levels for a complete hierarchy and cannot skip levels when maintaining the hierarchy in WMATGRP01/WMATGRP02.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias!