cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight Unit creation in Sap TM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anybody please help me out with freight unit creation.

Presently i am debugging the proxy name: /SCMTMS/II_CPX_ICPY_TRQ_RQ.

once the OBTR is created Freight unit also gets created automatically.

Thanks,

Sharmista.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dadapure

Please give a feedback! If it is the case mark this thread with a Correct Answer and Helpful Answer where appropriate.

See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why 

Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.

Best regards

Renato Okamoto

GRABLERE
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sharmista,

SAP Transportation Management Podcast episode 1 is dedicated to the freight unit builder and freight units itself.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-37479

Regards,

Emanuel

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Could you be more clear on what is your question?

When are you facing the issue?

Thanks,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

As Salesorder gets created in ECC the outbound service interface SLO_TransportationRequestSUITERequest_Out gets triggered and in TM inbound service interface IntracompanyTransportationRequestRequest_In gets triggered,here in TM OBTR gets created with reference to Salesorder and Freight Unit also gets created automatically.

Here the creation of freight unit to be known??

Please help me with your valuable input.

Thanks,

Sharmista.

rajiv_kanoria
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please provide your question more clearly...

What do you mean by  "Here the creation of freight unit to be known?"...

Regards,

Rajiv

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sharmista,

Please check whether the required customizing maintained in TM system or not?

Check OBTR type is created?

Check what is the Freight unit building rule? Is it Automatic freight unit building checkbox enabled?

Check the Freight unit building condition assigned to order type?

You must have a service class implemented for this service interface. Check the code if any conditions failed.

You can check in SXI_MONITOR for the status of message whether it is successful or not.

After all, let me know if you are getting any specific error messages.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

In Customizing settings there is a Freight unit building rule (DABB-FUBR-STANDARD) and

automatic freight unit building checkbox is  enabled. Since this checkbox is enabled there is automatic creation of freight unit as soon as OBTR is created. In TM Freight unit is getting created without any errors.

I want to know how freight unit is getting created.

To know the process of creation of freight unit i removed the checkbox of automatic freight unit creation and also removed the freight unit building rule and tried to create the freight unit manually in NWBC by selecting the OBTR and clicking on create freight units button,but debugging was not much helpful.

Thanks,

Sharmista.

rajiv_kanoria
Explorer
0 Kudos

In case there is no FUBR configured in OTR Type Configuration, the system automatically uses the Default Standard FUBR which automatically picks up the default FU Type from the Customizing.

Regards,

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, you can create a condition to set the FUBR and accoring do it define the FU type.

Rgs. Marcelo Lauria

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sharmista,

Probably you are trying to understand the behavior of the system technically while FU is created.

If I am correct, you can go to transaction /BOBF/CONF_UI to see the design of TRQ and TOR object in order to find out all the determinations and actions involved which get's executed while creation of FU and OTR.

However SAP recommends to enable the Automatic freight unit creation for order type. Based on the Freight unit building rule and freight unit building condition, FU will be created.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Tried to execute '/BOBF/CONF_UI', but got a msg, 'This function is not possible.' Could you please tell me how to access this or is this an authorization issue?

rajiv_kanoria
Explorer
0 Kudos

Probably u are already in some transaction...

try  /n/bobf/conf_ui

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

Transaction - /BOBF/CONF_UI will not start if you type as it is. There should be a prefix '/N' or '/O'.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Rajiv & Bharath: Yes. Thank you... Got it