cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add some texts in the Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is't possible to populate the text maintained in the item level in the SO

to copy over / print on the Delivery Note as output as well as on the invoice copy?

How to transfer this infor to my delivery note?

Pls share !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To answer your question on how to print the text in the delivery note or invoice copy, you need to use function module 'READ_TEXT'. Get your abaper to call the function module from the print program.

(Copying text to delivery document or invoice document is as explained in the other post)

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Pri,

You can achieve your objective as follows:-

Follow the menu path

IMG>S & D>Basic func>Text Control>Define And Assign Text Determination Procedures> On the screen here click on radio button Delivery item(basically you are selecting here the target object where the text has to be copied) & click on tab 'Change'

You would be directed to screen 'Text Determination procedure Delivery Item overview', on the left side margin select >Text procedure assignment> Check if there exists an entry against your selected Delivery type, if not make an assignment.

Ex. In the standard version of SAP against delivery item category TAN the assignment is '02'.

Now on the left side margin select >Textprocedure> select a text procedure(from the ex. above say select the entry '02' > click on> Text ID's in Textprocedure> There would be some Text IDs available here(these are the targets where text from the source is copied). In the last column there are mentioned 'Access Seq' for each of the text IDs(Lets say you select the text ID 0001, then 'Acc Seq' in the standard system is '45'.

Now on the left margin select Access Sequence> select the entry '45'>click on Access sequence for Text ID's, in this table you can maintain the entries for the source of text (lets say sales order item texts or text from Material Master). Ex. VBBP is text object for sales order item texts or MVKE is text object for texts in the material master.

If you want to copy the text from sales order item mention value 'VBBP' under the heading 'text object' , and in the third column we would be more specific of which text ID to use out of the available ones in the text object 'VBBP'.

this way you can have a text copied from Sales order to Delivery & then take a ABAP help to add up the text in the print of a Delivery note.(Similar steps can be followed for invoice. In invoice there is one more control at the billing type level, at the bottom on the customization screen of billing type, a switch is available, if marked the delivery texts are copied to the invoice & if not marked sales texts are copied to the invoice).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pathik, that's clear ...but this is what I have setup. Can I have your email id. I will send my settings.

But still after I add my text at the SO item level, I cannot see them to be auto copied to my delivery note......

I have selected the text is not obligatory ...is there something missing ...

I can later check with the abaper to get it copied to my delivery output ...but now am trying to bring it to my DN ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

My email is pathik.pandya@gmail.com

Please send them, I'll go through & give the feedback.

-PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pathik, I found the problem. I used a diff. text id in my DN item text..not the one is used in my SO item text..

I could see my text from SO item to DN item. thanks for your guidance!

Now I need to transfer this infor to my DN print output.

Since already the DN print program is there can some one let me know where I can find READ_TEXT & how I should modify further?

Should I look for the text object & text id in the print program...

pls help

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

any texts which are maintained at item level in sales order ,first should be copied to delivery and billing item text tabs which will happen from text determination from customising at item level.

once the same is populated in delivery item and billing item ,through standard functional module it has to be retrieved in output determination for corresponding output types both in delivery and billing so that it appears on ur output.

regards,

mukund prabhakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mukund, thanks.

Can I have some documents prob the steps to maintain them also to populate in my delivery notes & invoice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could add the text in the Sales Order item text field,,,

but don't know why it is not getting copied to my DN ...anything need to be set in copy control?

pls share !

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ann,

go to votx transaction ,extend your text determination procedure and text types to your delivery type DN or what ever u have .then u can see the text tab in delivery item getting activated.there u can maintain the text element like say "handle with care' and save.

if u r using std output type in 4.6c and above for delivery note ,we have predefined smartforms attched to it and text would get detrmined from functional module which is part of output program .if u are using own smartforms or sapscript then u need to code a logic to pick up material text element from delivery to ur delivery note.

i hope ,this clairifies ur doubt.

please reward!!!!!!!!