Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Excise for condition type JMIP is not reflecting in MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using TAXINN

Due to the changes in  Excise Rate as per the interim budget 2013-14, we have created new condition record for existing tax code SL for condition type JMIP (no CENVAT Credit is available) with Rate as 10% with Valid from date as 18/02/2014 and Valid To Date as  31/12/9999..

PO was created before 18/02/2014 hence has got tax code SL with JMIP condition having rate as 12%.

Now vendor has sent the material on 18/02/14 (vendor invoice cum challan shows 10% Excise Duty).

But while doing GR thro' MIGO system is not picking up the new rate even though the posting date is  25.02.2014.

Whereas MIR7 is showing excise rate as 10%.

Can you pl. explain the system behaviour - why it is happening?

Regards

Ratna Palit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go through the below notes.

Note 1147512 - For considering GR date for excise rate determination in J1IEX.

Note 1150781 - For picking excise rate based on GR date in MIGO for depot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok Kumar,

Thanks for your reply.

I am just checking Note 1147512 and Note 1150781.

As per Note 1147512 - "excise rates are determined on the basis of the goods receipt posting date."

It is observed that case where condition type JMOP is used, system is deriving excise rate based on goods receipt posting date.

But case that I have mentioned earlier - where JMIP condition is used, system is not deriving excise rate based on goods receipt posting date. It is deriving the old rate.

I am unable to understand this behavior.

Can you pl. explain the logic behind it?

Regards

Ratna Palit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you maintaining the condition record for your JMIP Condition i.e. what is the key combination ?

Have you tried testing by creating a PO with the same tax code SL for the above case after 18.02.2014 and whether the rates are populated correctly if you change the PO Creation dates ?

Did you try to use J1IEX capture option ?  Just try 1, 2 and 3 step options for posting the excise.

Also in the above SAP note - 1147512 it is mentioned that to use the user exit 'J1I7_USEREXIT_GET_IN_J1IEXGM'. for considering the Goods Receipt posting date for excise rate determination.

Thanks n Regards,

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of SAP you are into? Had you posted the MIGO with Part 1? If yes, when it was posted. Before changing the Excise condition records or after changing the condition records.

If the sceanrio is working fine for JMOP but not for JMIP case, you can raise a oss message and you will get the corrective note or instructions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a better way you should never use same tax code for 12% and 10%.

You should create a New tax code with 10 % and assign the same in your PO, so that same will be populated in MIGO also.

As you already used the old tax code and changed the tax code from 12 to 10 % now got back to your PO remove the tax code and reenter and check if the new rates are flowing into PO if no try to update the by clicking into Update tab  after entering into Tax tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Pl. note that there are many tax codes. For each old tax code where excise rate is changed, we cannot create new tax code with new rate.

POs are created with date prior to Tax code Valid from date i.e before 18/02/14. Hence changing the tax code (with valid from date as 18/02/14) in POs dated prior 18/02/14 will not help.

Another point "Update Tab" is not activated in "Tax" Tab.

Hence pl. suggest.

Regards

Ratna Palit