cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy

0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

I was going through the documents related to client copy,and i was struck with the number ranges.i got no idea what they are.my question is what exactly do they mean and do i need to worry about them after i perform a client copy?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can refer to SAP 36139 - CC-INFO: Number range problems with the client copy .

Thanks,

Sunny

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your timely reply's.

ive got another question.

what exaclty happens during the client copy? i mean what happens to the tables in the target client ?will there be any increase in the overall size of the tables?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

what exaclty happens during the client copy? i mean what happens to the tables in the target client ?will there be any increase in the overall size of the tables?

During the client copy process ( Exception using SAP_USR profile), existing table entries will be deleted and then new table entries will be copied. The list of tables will vary based on the copy profile selected.

Based on the number of new entries that are copied, size of table will vary.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

Thank you.but what if some of the table entries are the same as the source?are they duplicated?

and also during the client copy process,if there are any background jobs that were already scheduled,will they continue to do as they should?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Thank you.but what if some of the table entries are the same as the source?are they duplicated?

As I said earlier. Existing table entries will be deleted and then new entries will be added . So if entries in source and target were same before copy, it will be same again after copy.

and also during the client copy process,if there are any background jobs that were already scheduled,will they continue to do as they should?

Background jobs continue to run as per schedule. But it is good to stop these jobs to avoid uncessary failures due to missing data / configuration.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

No duplication as Client copy (import) should delete the entries from the table for the client in which you are importing first (if you are copying on exiting client) then it will copy the content.. the background jobs scheduled in the target client should be rescheduled as the parameter/variants may be overwritten.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

No overwritten, first delete exiting entries then re-rentry the same entry?? correct?

for example: Source client in MARA table...Materials numbers 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 are available.

Target Client same MARA Table: already exiting the values 123, 125, 126 but 127 is not available.

In this case what will be happen?

Rgs,

V Srinivasan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

In your example, post copy following entries should exists in MARA table

values 123, 125, 126

Regards,

Deepak Kori

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

Yes...above entries already in target system as well as Source system also.

0 Kudos

im confused with the example..let me explain what i have in my mind.as for as i know,if i want a production client data to be copied into dev system client,during the client copy process the table entries in the dev client will be deleted and will be replaced by production clients data.

Now in the example,let us say the production client is having MARA table with 123,124,125,126,127 entries,and after they are copied into dev's client,it should have the same entries right? (123 to 127)

but you have said there are only 123,125,126.what happened to the other entries 124 and 127?

Thank you

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Harsha,

In your example, DEV  MARA table will have the same entries of PRD , 123 to 127 after client copy

As a nutshell, in client copy  all the  table contents of your production will get copied to DEV , it will overwrite the existing dev  table contents (which all table to be copied is based on the client copy profile) .

Hope its clear

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Check below link too will give you clarity based on client copy profiles

Technical Background (SAP Library - BC ? Client Copy and Transport (BC-CTS-CCO))

Regards,

Nibu Antony

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Go through the SAP Note 19574 - CC-ADMIN: Controlling data selection during client copy , where point 5 clearly mentioned why, when we use this number range during client copy. Also go through SAP Note 36139 for some of the issues got if you don't make it correctly.

Regards,

Rafikul