Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.4 single stack web service adapter alternative

former_member214137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Looking at upgrading from 7.11 dual stack to 7.4 single stack and I know the web service adapter is no longer available (at least according to anything I have read, but I understand it is in the pipeline).

How do we provide and consume web services on a single stack environment?

I have looked hard, but if the answer has been before me I have failed to recognise it due to my own limitations.

If someone could point me in the direction of any articles/blogs/discussions that answer my question or can answer the question I would be very grateful.

thanks in advance

Julian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Julian,

WS adapter has not been migrated from ABAP stack to Java stack so far - so, in Java-only installation options of PI, there is no analogue for it from functional replacement perspective.

For web services consumption, the SOAP adapter can be used, but it is applicable for plain SOAP communication, not for WS-RM.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member214137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thank you very much for your quick and informative reply.

regards

Julian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

In an ERP SAP system you can always use the SOAMANAGER transaction to expose/consume webservices with SOAP protocol. You can skip  the PI and try to design your own WS-RM protocol without PI. Of course you can use PI with SOAP adapter in both sides but the connection it wont be point-to-point.

Regards,

former_member214137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thank you for your informative response.

regards

Julian