Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access DBF files using PCO

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I am trying to access DBF file data using PCO.But i failed at the end with PCO query couldn't get available columns from table.

Steps i did :

Created System DSN with 'Microsoft dBase Driver (*.dbf)' with database directory. ( version selected - dBase 5.0)

Created Source system with ODBC agent and selected system dsn created in 1st step as Data source

Created Agent instance and updated query ports as SAP MII

Created Data server in MII

Created PCO query and selected above data server .

Selected 'DBQueryBuilder' as mode. I can see tables list available but i can't see available columns after i select a table.

Did i do any thing wrong?

I have attached two sample dbf files i am trying to access with this note for your reference.( Please change the extension from .txt to .dbf, I couldn't attach .dbf's directly to the message )

Landscape information :

MII 12.2 SP 0

PCO 2.3

MII and PCO are in different hosts.

Thanks

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Which version/SP/patch level  of PCo are you using?

Which version/SP/patch level of MII are you using?

Before starting the Agent Instance change the Log Mode to Verbose and clear the log.

After trying browse the table and columns from MII check the Agent Instancce Log for any errors.

Regards, Steve

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve, Thanks for the reply.

I did figure out the issue few weeks back. It was DBF file length. ODBC driver which comes with windows installation has limitation of 12 characters length.

On the side lines, I couldn't see the logs in one our PCO instance. I get below error.. , Do you or any body has any idea to fix this other than uninstall/install whole PCO system ?

Thanks

Hari

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any body ...Help please !!!