Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which case we go for abap interface?

ravi_reddy1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  friends,

As per my understand  some scenario's are running with out PI integration.........those are called abap interfaces....

then which case we go for Pi? and which case we go for ABAP interface?

please help me on this...

Thanks & Regards

E.Ravi Chandra Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Understand this way,PI is not only for mapping.It is also used for doing the routing at the runtime.Suppose if you have A coming in the payload it should go to receiver X otherwise Y.

So,depends as per your business requirement.If you just want to integrate 2 system directly.You can go with that but suppose in future you have number of system,you cant do 1:1 connection everytime.At that time you require some middleware to integrate your scenario.

Regards,

Abhi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As Allamudi said there isn’t a direct answer for this. You must consider different factors, if the abap interface exists right now and it is critic, sometime it’s better don’t touch the things that they are working during all life. The PI is the best way to concentrate all the interfaces and this is make an easy support of them, then you must have a good reason for not using PI because the maintenance will be more complicated.

Regards

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Interface is nothing but exchange of data between two systems.  We can exchange the data between the system you can use PI. Otherwise sometimes you can you LSMW thing in ECC also....

So, this decison depends based on your requirement.

Thanks,

Sreenivas

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

as per my understanding the interface means  integrating between 2 systems. so SAP can connect to other systems not only PI like webmethods,informatica..etc.  So the data flows between the systems.

the decision to which is depends on many reasons like performance,legacy systems connectivity,business...

regards,

Loordh.