cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible way to assign characteristics to a material in Value Contract...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a type of value contract and i'm having trouble with the following:

Different packages are offered to clients at fixed prices and containing fixed components. In order to include that in my value contract, what I did was create several materials corresponding to each package, each with their set price (Package 1, Package 2...).

The problem i'm facing is how I can include the individual components of each package in the document and not just the one line with the material(package) chosen and its price.

I've tried material BOM, which didn't work because the BOM never expanded, and also because the material description field was too small to detail one of the components completely.

What I need is something like this:

Package 1                                                   $xxxxxxx

- Tires will be re-spoked every other month.

- Service will be maintained for an entire year if conditions are met.

- A second tire could be acquired if the client in question wins our upcoming 2014 raffles. 

If anyone can suggest a way this can be accomplished I would really appreciate it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I too felt same like you that Sales BOM should help you. Now, the question is why BOM did not work explode.

Did you got the reason for that?

Regards,

MJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

No I never could quite discover the reason why the BOM wasn't exploding...

(Also I made I mistake in the phrasing of the question. What i'm working on is a Service*** Contract, not a value contract.)

I didn't keep pursuing the BOM alternative because you can only write so much in the description text of a material, and more often than not, several of the items included in the packages have sentence long descriptions.

Any ideas?

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct Maria,

Just to know, where do you want this Text to be used?

If it is for printing perspective on Invoice then there is a way out.

Update your Text in Material Sales Text and print the same directly from there.

If for Users it is necessary to know the text then copy if from Material master to your Sales Order and subsequently till Billing document via Text Determination.

At the time of printing you can use from there as well. If necessary user can change the text also.

Regards,

MJ.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, use the variant  configuration and pricing function hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Abdul Rahim