cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about saplogon.ini and sapshortcut.ini in TS Enviroment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

currently we're planning to virtualize the SAP GUI frontend 7.30 Patchlevel 6 for about 500 customers with Citrix XenDesktop 7.5 as a Shared Application. We have the two use-cases:

1. We want to provide a central saplogon.ini for the customers which covers our whole SAP Backend Systems. The Users should not have the rights to edit or change the presented systems.
  2. Every user should be able to create his own shortcuts individually from the presented systems.

We read about the option to set an enviromental variable SAPLOGON_INI_FILE and the usage of saplgpad and saplogon. The basic problem is that we didn't find a way to set a different path for the sapshortcut.ini...

Are there any best practises for our use-cases?

Many thanks in advance!

Björn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bjoem

1. We want to provide a central saplogon.ini for the customers which covers our whole SAP Backend Systems. The Users should not have the rights to edit or change the presented systems.

1. You can define the INI files location in the different path or drive location for this refer the SAP Note

1409494 - SAP Logon (Pad): configuration (ini) files' storage as 7.20

2. Create the shortcut of SAP logon either .cmd or .bat file, get the help for type command "start sapshcut /help"

Example shortcut

"start sapshcut  -system=SID -client=000 -desc="(Shortcut description)" -user=(User name) -pw=(Password) -maxgui "

2. Every user should be able to create his own shortcuts individually from the presented systems.

Keep the ini file default folder

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

thanks for explaing the features of sapshcut.

Sorry, but currently I cannot adapt properly your informations in our scenario...

In our planned enviroment the users don't have a virtual desktop, they only have access to saplogon or saplgpad. But this would mean, that we have to publish the Batch for any possible server record in our Terminal Server enviroment.

If I interpret the mentioned SAP Note correctly then the saplogon and the sapshortcut must be stored in the same folder.

But is there nevertheless any possibility to use a central saplogon.ini and the users (several tenands) can create their own shortcuts or favorites in the GUI for their own (no sharing). That means the shortcuts and favorites must be stored in opposite of the central saplogon.ini in a user-specific drive. Is this possible? In my opinion this must be a common use-case in virtualized enviroment. Or am I wrong...

Can you explain me a best-practise usage for saplogon or saplgpad in a Terminal Server enviroment?

Thank you very much for your effort!!!

Regards

Bjoern

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern

Is that Terminal sever environment you are have common or separate user id?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean the user management? I'm not a SAP server Admin, so I hope I can reply your questions properly.

We have no Active Directory / LDAP-Integration of our SAP systems. The user id's for the access of the published Application are quite different from the SAP logins. We're hosting many SAP backend systems for several customers. A customer usually have about 4-6 SAP systems as entry points.

Our plan is to publish them a common frontend. Therefore we want to provide them a full list of every existing system. This will be a long list. Due the ease of usage the users should have the possibilty to create favorites or shortcuts within the published application.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not taking about the SAP user id. How the end user's or customers connecting the Terminal server? During that you may require to provide the user id credential? Is common user id or independent user ids

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each enduser will connect the cloud gateway and the Terminal Server farms with a unique user id.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern

Sorry for delay,

In this case you can create the Bat file, when user are logon to terminal server just add the start the SAPGUI bat file as mention in the below screen shot reference

Regards

Ram

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern

Once you are install the SAPGUI you can define the path as mention in the below screen shot  reference. by default the SAPlogon.ini file creating in windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\SAP\common.

Windows 7 C:\Users\Administrator\Application Data\SAP\common

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

thanks for your reply, but I don't think that this will help in our scenario. When I change the path of the configurationsfile (by enviromental variable or manually in the SAP-Frontend options) this takes effect on the sapshortcut.ini and the saplogon.ini. But our use-cases are quiet different.

Kind Regards

Björn