cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA blocking users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need your help on an issue we are facing.

We have maintained control cycle for PSA with specific BIN. Now the problem is, there are 3 people accesing that bin for 3 reasons

1 guy for putaway

2 guy for picking

3 guy physical inv or misc..

they all end up with blockining each other.

Pls hep me how can we solve this. The solution I think is the C.Cycles bin should be dynamic??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen and anand,

The person implemented this process here has made the PSA bin common for putaways from 2 storage locations. And this PSA bin are used by semifinished person to putaway and same time for production consumptions (component issue, like semi finished).

During putaway and production issues, they are locking each other.

Hence, I suggested to make bin dynamic for PSA.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can imagine that 2 users can block each other, occasionally, for a few seconds usually.

but I have not yet understood in particular why they are blocking each other in your case, hence I cannot justify if the dynamic bin will really help. do you remember an error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, "bin is blocked by xxxxxxx"

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all ;

Can you check OMJI parameters ?

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read KBA 1613938 - Locking of storage bin in LQUAX and LAGP

this note explains the reason and what you can do. Read as well the OSS note mentioned in this KBA for the general logic on locking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see in WH parameters, block is set with option C. That is the issue, as per the note it should have been B. Good!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Making the bin dynamic in the control cycle should take care of your issue.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you describe more detailed how those 3 blocking each other?

And how your process is so that they are conflicting.

I can imagine that everything is blocked what was selected for a physical inventory, but you cannot do a physical inventory if everything moving. But SAP has alternative inventory methods to give you a chance to choose the right one for your processes.

But how do the others block each other? I do not really see how putaway of material A blocks picking for material B. Of course 2 persons cannot change at the same time the same quant. You probably know what happens if you have two 2 year old boys together and just one excavator to play with, there is not much difference in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls help me