Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase Installation on Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are a Windows/Oracle shop.

Recently our SAP rep basically gave away Sybase to our senior management and here I am today, to start using it.

I've downloaded all the manuals but looking for some tips or any tricks on the installation side,.

My understanding is during installation using SWPM, Sybase will be installed silently in the background.

Previously with Oracle, I would install it and patch it, then run SWPM.

Also for OS users and rights.

I do domain installs but not a domain admin. i do have local admin on the desktop.

I must ask my domain team to create my SIDADM and SAPserviceSID.

I see in the documentation, these are still used. Anything I should know of differrences??

DO I still require the SAP_SAPSID_GlobalAdmin security group?

Any tips, please give them.

Will be using Windows and Sybase.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Joshua

The sapinst will take care of the database installation. All you need to provide is the installation media for Sybase. If you want to do a Domain installation on Windows then there is a specific section in the installation guide for that.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

The install required a Sybase DB domain user. SYBOT3 I had to have created on the domain and have it put in the local admin group on the server.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

You will still have sidadm user in the environment for windows. SAP on Sybase installation is like MSSQL with SAP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

Additionally refer the SCN link http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0040e969-b4a1-2f10-998d-e0eeec6fb...

This is one link for all information on SAP with Sybase.

Regards,

Deepak Kori