cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 or ECC6 EHP 6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently we have ECC6 and SRM 5 - if we were looking to move away from SRM 5 should we be thinking about upgrading to 7 or removing it completely and adding EHP 6 to our ECC6? Where can I find out about the additional functionality to procurement EHP6 provides?? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fay,

There is no restriction between SRM_SERVER and SAP_APPL.

You may install SRM7.02 with old ECC6.

However there is some new functionalities which needs to be triggered together with ECC6 EHP4 and above.

For example, PR transfer with U account is only supported with SRM7.02 and above & SAP_APPL 606 and above. And can only SOA instead of RFC to transfer.

For more information, you can go to service market place to find documents for specific release of SRM and ECC.

Regards,

Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fay,

If you would like to upgrade to higher version of SRM then you can go for SRM 7.0 EHP3 with ECC 6.0 EHP6. Because this is the highest version which is available in market now.

As Maria mentioned above, you can find the information under - Service Marketplace -> Installation and upgrades

Best Rergards

Sivakumar Kandasamy

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fay ,

SAP Enhancement Package 3 for SAP SRM 7.0 and SAP ECC 6 EHP 7 is the highest package available currently .

You may check the same in the link below :

http://help.sap.com/srm_main

If you completely want to do away with SRM and only install ECC it would be based on the client requirement and would be difficult to comment as both ECC and  SRM have separate functionalities for which it is popular .

Please post as to what exactly are you looking for in a comparison between ECC and SRM and we might be able to comment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

we are wanting to review our options at the best possible price, currently we have SRM 5 which goes out of support in about 12 months so we want to know what is our best option with limited funds for investment;

we have identified the following:

Stay on SRM 5 unsupported

Move to SRM 7

Remove SRM and procure via ECC6

Remove SRM and procure via ECC6 with EHP6

Currently SRM is utilised to in the following way -

Shoppers raise shopping carts making use of supplier punch out catalogues (not within MDM) or free text carts - these go for approval following a workflow (delegated authority), these then come back to the sourcing cockpit for procurement to review, before they are released which then automatically generates Purchase Order in both SRM & ECC. Goods reciept is completed in SRM by shopper so that 3 way match PO/GR/INVOICE can then happen in ECC.

If we do move then the following functionality would be useful - e tendering, contract management, contract linkage, workflow maintenance, shopper user maintenance, increased reporting functionality, mobile approval.

Where should I go to scope out the different options?

Thanks

Fay

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fay ,

A very difficult questions !! To be honest SAP has all the application related data left online and is easily accessible but the pricing data is never available

and I guess it is only accessible on request ..So price wise I would have not much idea however below is what I understand

Stay on SRM 5 unsupported--------------------- Not a good idea its almost obsolete now

Move to SRM 7---------------------------------   yes incase you plan to stay with SRM then this is definitely the option to consider .. specially with its new .. Supplier evaluation and spend analysis capabilties and also for the contracts , etc

Remove SRM and procure via ECC6           ---- if srm Shopping capabilities Portal based and Self service procurement etc  are not quite imp for you and the backend ECC is good enough then you may go for this as well ...

Remove SRM and procure via ECC6 with EHP6--- Only if the EHP6 added feature is of a real imp to you else you can wait easily till SAP does it next release and consider up gradation of ECC around that time  No point in upgrading both SRM and ECC together ..

Also IN Tech-ed I was heard SAP showed their vision path  that New developments for SRM would be over by 2020 and they would want to use Ariba as their new product .. since SAP has acquired Ariba now .. This is what I have heard so not quite sure ..

Let me know which particular SRM business scenario do you guys use ..so that I can check further ..

All the above are just my thoughts on the Topic from my experience and I might be wrong .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, in marketplace -> installation and upgrades you may find information about your upgrade situation.

hope this help,

Celeste