cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get Demo Content for SAP HANA SPS7?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, I finally ended up opening an 'Amazon Web Services'-account, since the new SPS7 is not (yet) available on Cloudshare. After having configured everything properly, including installing the update for SPS7, I am finding that there is no usable demo content on the system, or I just do not know how to identify it. The SYS_EPM-Schema is empty, therefor I tried importing something using the File-Import-Menu from my HANA-Studio for that instance. Does anybody know, whether one of the .tgz-files is a demo model for ODBO and ODBC?

I read, meaning browsed over, the document 'SAP HANA Interactive Education (SHINE)SPS 07'

' but cannot locate the SHINE demo unit in the SAP Marketplace. Maybe because we have not been granted access to that part, since we are in the trial and development phase with SAP HANA.

If anybody could share some light on how to best get some content for a SPS7 SAP HANA instance on AWS, I would highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The SHINE content is already installed on the SP7 AWS Developer Center image. You don't have to install anything further.  Content is in schema SAP_HANA_DEMO and SAP_HANA_EPM_NEXT.  The repository content is in sap.hana.democontent.epm and sap.hana.democontent.epmNext.  You can run the data generator from /sap/hana/democontent/epm/admin/ and /sap/hana/democontent/epmNext/admin/.  You can grant the role workshop.admin.roles::workshop_admin to yourself and you will have access to both versions of the demo model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas, thanks for pointing this out. I don't have a preconfigured SPS7 image on AWS. What you do is rent the SAP HANA ONE instance and apply the upgrade package for SPS7. I've been working with a cloudshare instance before, so I can tell, there were none of the schemas you mentioned above on the system.

Nevertheless someone send me a public link to the SHINE DU on the marketplace, which I couldn't find, since our partner status filters out everything except Netweaver and BO content. At least that is my take on why I didn't find it... Therefor I am set for the moment.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes the AWS Developer Center is completely separate from SAP HANA One.  The SHINE content is pre-installed on the Developer Center but not on SAP HANA One. If you want SHINE on your system you need to download it from the Service Marketplace (which it sounds like you don't have access to) or from the SAP Store (which everyone should have access to).  The link to the SAP Store for SHINE content is:https://store.sap.com/sap/cpa/ui/resources/store/html/Search.html?pcntry=US&sap-language=EN&catID=&s...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas. This is my situation too, I have a HANA One instance but no EPM Demo Content and I can't find a way to download from Service Marketplace. I tried the link you provided to SAP Store. It throws a pop-up saying that an email will be sent with download info etc. but so far after a couple of days I've seen no email. Should I expect to wait for this or is there something else amiss?

Thanks,

Paul

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You should probably contact the SAP Store about your account. I just re-confirmed the link works and takes you to the correct content and if you have a valid SAP Store account it downloads. I can really only comment on the specific SHINE content not the SAP Store access in general.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds good. I'll try that.

Thanks for your quick response.

Paul