cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product category in SRM local and replicated from the ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have been working with SRM and ECC for a while now and we have the following scenario:

1. Product categories are manually created in ECC

2. The same product categories are created in SRM (again manually) and are assigned to a hierarchy using COMM_HIERARCHY

This has worked for us until now as no replication was needed. Now we are looking into implementing the Plan Driven Procurement scenario and for this we will need to replicate the product categories from the ECC so that the materials can be replicated as well.

The trouble comes from the old historical data that is available in the system. Like shopping cart, because users will not be able to use the "Old Shopping Carts and Templates" option. This is heavily used in our company.

What happens if you delete a product category and try to oder a new shopping cart based on an old one, for the basic user nothing gets copied, while the purchaser gets the message <No authorization to purchase on product category ">

So now the question is, what do we do about this?

Has anyone been in this situation before? Or how would you handle this switch from the manual categories to the automatically replicated ones?

Thank you!

Cata

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not able to understand the issue exactly even if the product category is replicated and manual entry also exists there should be double entry of product category in which case it should still be visible

Why the user cannot see the product category could be maybe due to :

1. Check in pposa_bbp ext attribute if prod cat is assigned .

2, Check Define Backend System for Product Category if all categories are assigned .

3. Check for COMM_HIERARCHY if you are using the category is in the hierarchy.

4. Check the  cat is maintained for what all languages and if it is the same as that of user logon lang

5. Check the roles .. try by giving SAP_ALL access initially .

Also check for product category allowed or not for user is called in UPDATE_ITEM_INTERNAL method from /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_BO_SC class.

Method concerned is /SAPSRM/IF_PDO_CHECK_VALUES~CHECK_PROD_CAT_AUTHORIZATION from /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_CHECK_VALUES.

let me know your comments .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick answer.

The problem is that the categories are the same, meaning that by replication we get this categories doubled. What I would like to do is to remove the categories/hierarchy manually created in SRM and only have the ones replicated from the ECC. Now the problem is that if we do that the old shopping carts that were created with the local categories will not have any references.

In this case if you create a new shopping cart and choose from the old ones (through the Old Shopping Carts and Templates link) the copy of this shopping cart does not work. It's true though that if you open the shopping cart in display mode, click Copy and then Paste this in a new shopping cart it works like a charm.

So my only problem is if a users wants to copy a shopping cart like that.

Cata

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Catalin,

Can you please let us know to which Category hierarchy you have been assigning these categories? Was it the ECC category hierarchy?

The information seems to be broken. If your organisation is using extended classic scenario, all these categories would have been linked to ECC category hierarchy to replicate backend PO, isn't it?

If this is the scenario, there is no need to replicate these categories.

Regards,

Ravi

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Catalin

If I understand correctly now . try doing this .. not sure if it will work though .

1. Check in    COMM_CATEGORY by entering the category ID whatever it is for you.. in ideal scenario you would see 1 entry however in your case you will see 2 .. (I am assuming)

2. Once done .. you can see the new and old GUID related to the catgeory ..

Now you would have to

3. Now go to SC and try opening the SC entry in BBP_PDIGP and in that you will see the category ID now replcae the old with new one ..

Now try if it works for a test case to start with and then we can do it for all  .. also you may have to do this task manually unless offcourse you can write a report to do so .. which should also be fairly easy ..

Let me know your comments ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This sounds like a good way of doing things.

Could you please let me know how to change the entries in BBP_PDIGP?

I know there is a function called BBP_PDIGP_DB_DIRECT_UPDATE, but I am unsure on how to use it.

Thank you!

Cata

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well I dont use a FM coz I am not sure if it actually updates u can check though  ..

Check points 1 and 2 as I have mentioned in my reply above  if it is the same scenario as what i have assumed in your case then ..

Go to se16 , table BBP_PDIGP enter the entry for SC  here GUID etc .. go to debug mode type /h in prompt bar and then click on the Entry for prod catg id it will show open the editor .. change the value of CODE from show to EDIT and u will see the entries would become editable and it should work ..and replcae for new GUID of prod category

You may take help from an ABAPer for this .. its quite easy .. this is just a workaround but not a recommended approach .. Editing table has worked fine for me at many cases ..

Let me know on your comments ..