cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time capturing Business scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a requirement and i need your suggestions to achieve this in system.

My requirement is " PS project with activities is created and person assignment is maintained and the person assigned will use the CATS to book the time, but the real issue is with the contractors, the contractor details is not maintained in the system but we have to capture there time, How we can achieve this, the project manager has to book the time on behalf of the contractors, on purchase order or service request without maintaing the contractor details in the system.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,

Lohith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lohith,

who are the contractors..?

are they employees of your company those are on contract?

Just elaborate your scenario then I can put any helpful answer on this.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

The contractors are the employees of vendor company, they will be involved for only certain activities and billed based on the PO, but those contractors details is not in the employee master only Vendor information will be available. We have to capture those employee efforts on the activities which is required for cost calculation on the activitiy...

Regards,

Lohith

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Lohith,

As you have not maintained employee master data It is difficult to use HR assignment with PS.

You have mentioned that there is some services done by vendor in your company.

you can do like that

1. Maintain master data of contractors in HR but not fully for name specific infotype..This can be done by HR. This does not linked with your company employee data.

2. Assign these employees on work center.

3. Assign activities in project and work center in it.

4, Assign employees in person assignment tab.

It may solve your problem. lets wait for others to give solutions

please confirm

Thanks

rahul

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lohith,

We also had similar requirements..

Only options available as far as my knowledge is to use SAP PPM - cProjects (A web based project management tool meant for collaboration with external partners)

This tool can be used to create project, specific to the contractor and assign activities with authorisations. With that contractor will be able to update the project activities status and can also upload documents pertaining to an activity as an evidence/support.

Only thing i see here as a extra work is - This remains as a standalone from your Project schedule in PS. The project manager/planner has to review the statuses updated by the contractor regularly and manually update the same in PS.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

We have PPM in place and integrated with PS. The PS project is created from the PPM,

Can we integrate service request where the vendor efforts and cost is maintained with PS so that the employees available in system can book the time and for the external emplyees the service request sheet can be used to calculate the efforts and costs and can be mapped with activities for the cost calculation.

Regards,

Lohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From PS Side we can create automatic service PR with the help of service activity and based on this PR we can create PO and  service entry sheet through MM Module for calculation of actual cost of external vendor.

And if you want to book employee time in Project System, so you have to create internal activity and work center with HR integration.

Regards

Gaurav Sharma