Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSS Error: SAP Systems list is not visible for PSS users

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have noticed that the SAP backend systems configured for PSS are visible for some users and for some, they are not visible!

I have experienced this problem before and there are 3 causes for this (to the best of my knowledge):

1. SAP back end system is not configured for PSS

2. User is not available in that SAP back system

3. Users are not synchronized properly.

I tell you, I have done all the above. However, I see that still the SAP systems list is not visible to PSS users!

I have checked table GRACUSERCONN for one of the connectors configured for one of the users. I found that user id available in that table

I have checked table GRACUSER, here I did not find the user id for that connector!

I suspect that is causing this problem. Does PSS pickup users from GRACUSER table?

Why the users are not getting update here when I can find them in GRACUSERCONN table?

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please check system to be used for PSS in maintain connector settings

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I transported my configurations again to target system. It worked now.

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i also got an issue with the system list when I try PSS:

Szenario A: When I use PSS normally using NWBC access (e.g. NWBC, SAPgui....it doesn't matter), everything works fine and the systems are listet correctly.

Szenario B: But when I try to use PSS via EndUser-Login via URL http://hostname:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/grac_uibb_end_user_login?sap-client=001 (for our employees without user on GRC system), the systems are NOT displayed (same user).

Can anybody help, why the systems are not displayed in szenario B?

Thanks in advance

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok seems like it's a authorization issue, because when I assign SAP_ALL to the service user i entered for the *EU services, i can fix it.

But what authorization does he need beside following roles?

SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUESTERRole for End user
SAP_GRAC_BASEBase Role for all Access Control Users
SAP_GRAC_END_USEREnd User as a GRC Guest User
SAP_GRAC_NWBCView Access Control Information Architecture.
SAP_GRAC_SPM_FFIDSAP_GRAC_SPM_FFID
SAP_GRAC_SUPER_USER_MGMT_USERSuper User  Firefighter
SAP_GRC_FN_BASEGRC - Base role to run GRC applications
SAP_GRC_FN_BUSINESS_USERGRC - Business User

SAP_ALL shouldn't be a solution.

regards,

Edgar

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

I have checked table GRACUSER, here I did not find the user id for that connector!

Each user will only appear once in the GRACUSER table. All other entries will appear in the GRACUSERCONN table. I believe the GRACUSER table system changes depending on last system to be synchronised.

The PSS should only display for users the systems they have access to (i.e. exist) and that PSS has been enabled for the connector. If one system is showing for UserA but not for UserB then it implies it's an issue with the user sync or user master not existing in the system as opposed to the connector configuration.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Collen.

You said that at GRACUSER table should only appear one register per user. So what is the purpose of the field CONNECTOR of this table?

I am having some trouble with the SOD review since a user appears with CONNECTOR X at table GRACUSER and at table GRACUSERCONN appears with all the rest of connectors. Then the SOD Review is not fetching the users-risk properly.

Regards.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara

Have a look at the following thread for a much more recent discussion

I would have to check the sync job but I either one of two things happens:

• The connector field is left blank OR
  • The connector field is populated for the first system the user is found in based on sequencing of the data sources. All other user to connector relationships are then stored in GRACUSERCONN

may be able to clarify this one if it's not already cover in the thread I mentioned

The key bit on how these tables interact comes back to your Maintain Datas ources configuration

Regards

Colleen