Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HybridWebContainer for Windows CE 6.0

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I need to download "HybridWebContainer.cab" for a Windows CE 6.0. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I didn't find anywhere a link to it to download, and the only reference I found for it was here:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01853.0222/doc/html/vhu12...

I found in my SUP install directory a ".cab" file, but when I try to install it on my Motorola MC3190 said that "it's not a valid Windows CE Setup file".

Any ideas ?

Thank you,

Marius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I still need an answer guys

Thanks,

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you please help?

former_member228049
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't remember we ever supported window CE in the version of 2.2.x  and 2.3.x at least. I think Andrew knows it for sure.

Thanks

-Yan

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well, for Windows CE 6.1 there is a version I use on another device / terminal, but for Windoes CE 6.0 I didn't find any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HWC was never available for Windows CE, only Windows Mobile.

Microsoft Windows Mobile Versions for HTML5/JS Hybrid Apps

As a side note, given that the Windows Mobile platform has reached end of life (Jan of last year) http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspx?sort=PN&alpha=Windows+Mobile+6&Filter=Fil...

and there are no plans for any new features to HWC on the WM platform, it would not be recommended to go the Hybrid route on Windows Mobile - develop in native code if you must support this platform. 

Thanks,

Andrew.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hmm.. and i dont see any option for Windows CE in infocenter document as well.

SyBooks Online

Rgrds,

Jitendra

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Even so, I found a HWC cab for my Windows CE 6.1 device and it works for an year

I am looking for aHWC cab file for my "new" Windows CE 6.0 device

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I still need an answer guys

Thanks

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Which step you got that error ? please share what all you have done step by step and share the sceenshot of that message

Please follow all steps SyBooks Online mentioned here.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The step where I have to install the Hybrid Web Container on the device

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you share screenshot? Make sure before opening cab file, you cradle the device

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In case I didn't make myself understood, I need the proper file for my Windows CE 6.0 device.

This is my error shot: