cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent cProjects phase deletion when status = created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have requirement to prevent user from deleting a phase in cProjects. In general, user will be creating a cProjects project by using a project template, we do not want the user to start changing the phase because they need to follow the proper governance set by the project template.

We would like the user to be able to manage task and subtask only. but not the phases. phases should be fixed all the time based on project template that they choose.

Is this possible? customizing or abap solution are welcomed.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this by defining a 'User status'.

Object type - Phase

Business transaction - Delete

Try this and let us know.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your guidance. I performed the following.

1. Create a Status Profile

2. Define a User Status

3. Assign the User Status to a Business Transaction

Then Save.

When I open an existing project, navigate to the Phase, hit the delete button, I can still delete the entry.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you assigned the status profile for the phase for the initial system status 'Created'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes I did, I manually assigned the Status Profile from the Status Management in Project Definition. Then I proceed to hit the delete button

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you selected the object type 'Phase'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes, I did that too..

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried this in my system. It is working perfectly.

Have you followed these steps..

1) Create a status profile

2) Create a status with initial status ticked

3) Select the object type - Phase

4)Create transaction control for the status

Please confirm whether you have followed these steps..

Regards

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Another question if you don't mind.

Using project template sounds like a fantastic solution and the right way to do it too. How about the existing projects created in the system, How do I go about retrofit the Status Profile into them?

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's very simple.

Only with system status 'Created' can be deleted..right... if some of your projects are still in this status, then you have assign manually the status profile.

Other than this, if project has reached release status, then by default the system will not allow to delete.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Nexus,

you are right, if the project, phase, task is already created you need to assign manually one by one the status profile or develop the report to do it, there is nothing standard (I had the same requeriment than you for the project header and  designed the same solution than you with status)

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Clara and Ravi, your help are much appreciated. I know what to do now. 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I did not set the User Status to initial earlier, so it was not working. Its working fine now. Thanks for detail explaination 🙂 really appreciate your help

However, not sure if this is going to be what I needed as a solution to the user.

1. Is there a way to automatically set the Status Profile to the one I created? currently I have to set it manually, I cannot expect the user to manually set it everytime they are at that Phase.

2. There is a possibility to reset the status back to Created in the "Change Status" box and the user will be able to delete the Phase as well. This would means the customization done does not fix the problem. 🙂

Do you have such a requirement before in any of your project of perhaps in your organization? Would you mind sharing?

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good that now it is working..

To answer your questions..

1. Is there a way to automatically set the Status Profile to the one I created? currently I have to set it manually, I cannot expect the user to manually set it everytime they are at that Phase.

2. There is a possibility to reset the status back to Created in the "Change Status" box and the user will be able to delete the Phase as well. This would means the customization done does not fix the problem. 🙂

Do you have such a requirement before in any of your project of perhaps in your organization? Would you mind sharing?

Yes, this is very much possible. You can have a project template and set this status profile to the phases which are applicable. Once the user creates the project using template, he will not be able to remove the status profile assigned to the phases and apart from that, he can only change the phase status to either 'Release or lock'.

Hope this resolves both the questions.

With warm regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help Ravi, you're a STAR

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are always welcome..Good to see that your problem is solved without any developments.

I would like to see your name in the profile rather than organisation name, so that we can get to know each other better.

Regards,

Ravi