cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse location same material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one problem in the warehouse implementation.

Following the structure for our warehouse implementation.

Warehouse number  :  200

Warehouse type  :  FPS , FX1

Bin number             : 00-01-11  (FPS)  ,  00-01-12 (FX1)

Now the problem is we have same material code used in FX1 and FPS.  ie. we are purchasing the materials from vendor , at the time of goods inward stock will be available in FX1, then we are sending the materials to production for repacking and the same material is transferred to FPS location for sales.

In the warehouse management view 1 , In Storage Strategies tab  we can able to maintain Stock Removal only one storage type. By default stock is coming only to the storage strategies which is defined in the master.

How I can maintain stock of same material in both the Warehouse types.

regards

Suresh S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use storage location reference.

Steps to implement:

1. Define storage location reference indicators. E.g. PS and X1 (only 2 letters allowed).
2. Assign SLoc reference indicators to warehouse number / storage location combination,
for ex. one record: 200 - FPS - PS and the other record 200 - FX1 - X1.
3. Now go to your storage type search strategy and create two strategies for your storage
type search indicator.
200 - E or A - IND (your indicator) ... - PS - here you can enter storage type you want to use if you are doing putaway or stock removal from/to your location FPS
200 - E or A - IND - X1 - define storage types to use for location FX1.

You are done.
If you need more detailed info feel free to ask.

Regards,
Mihailo

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not using two storage locations but only distinct by storage types, it is easy to assign both storage types to your search strategy. For example, you use indicator FPS in material master for putaway and picking strantegy.

In storage search strategy you can define
200 E FPS FPS, FX1
200 A FPS FPS, FX1

But we need a bit more information to answer your question in detail and undoubtedly.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you using the same material code when you are performing a repacking operation for the material code which you have procured externally. I think Ideally you should use a different material code for sales. This way you can easily find a solution to your problem. i.e. you will have 2 different material codes and you can use separate stock putway and removal indicators for the same.

Even going with your existing design you putaway is happening in your FX1 storage type which will be controlled by your stock putaway indicator in your material master (helps to determine the correct storage type in your storage type search sequence) then a repacking operation is performed and stock will be moved to your FPS storage type, so in this case it will be a internal movement and by using a special mov. indicator or by using storage location reference (diff storage loctn) functionality you can putaway the material to FPS (even though putaway indicator is the same) and finally using the stock removal indicator in your WM - 1 view removal will be done from your FPS storage type.

Hope it is clear.

Thanks n Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first of all you only enter a storage type indicator for stock removal, not the storage type itself.

in the storage type strategy you can then have several storage types as a search sequence to your indicator.

But I think your main problem is that the material in storage type FX1 is just not equal to your material in FPS. the material in FPS is not finished and cannot be sold.

You should use different material numbers.