SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to enable the budget availability checking into Fund Center level ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi expert,

i am in ECC6 with former budget.

entry/release payment budget has been made with Fund Center & Commitment item level related.

PR/PO creation with fund center / commitment works as expected (means consume the released budget accordingly).

the current structure as follow:

- Fund center FC1, commitment item CI1, with budget 1,000 USD

- Fund center FC1, commitment item CI2, with budget   500 USD

it means the total budget amount of FC1 is 1,500 USD.

during PR/PO creation, how to enable the budget availability checking into Fund Center level ?

if i create PR/PO with FC1 & CI2, with 1,400 USD, I expect the PR/PO still possible,

since at the FC1 level, budget is available (1,500 USD)

kindly advise,

regards,

robiton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget check and availability is always on the level of fund centre and commitment item as a minimum; some other FM objects could be a part of FM address, e.g. fund source, functional area, etc. However; it's very easy to achieve what you require either with AVC controlling objects derivation or cover eligibility. In all cases, you should make a hierarchy of commitment items, which would allow building a derivation strategy; otherwise, it's impossible to 'link' CI1 and CI2, telling the system that they are in the same group. If you create CI hierarchy, you can put these two CIs in the same node (group) and build you cover eligibility group (or AVC controlling object strategy) based on this.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget check and availability is always on the level of fund centre and commitment item as a minimum; some other FM objects could be a part of FM address, e.g. fund source, functional area, etc. However; it's very easy to achieve what you require either with AVC controlling objects derivation or cover eligibility. In all cases, you should make a hierarchy of commitment items, which would allow building a derivation strategy; otherwise, it's impossible to 'link' CI1 and CI2, telling the system that they are in the same group. If you create CI hierarchy, you can put these two CIs in the same node (group) and build you cover eligibility group (or AVC controlling object strategy) based on this.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Eli,

i have just tried this possibility

here is the CI structure i have in CI std hiearchy:

FC1 -> CI-Grp1 budget 1,000 USD

FC1 -> CI-Grp1 -> CI-item01 budget 250 USD (lower level)

FC1 -> CI-Grp1 -> CI-item02 budget 750 USD (lower level)

then i create various PR with assignment:

PR with acc.assignment FC1, CI-GRP1 with amount 200 USD --> error: budget exceeded

PR with acc.assignment FC1, CI-item01 with amount 200 USD --> OK

PR with acc.assignment FC1, CI-item02 with amount 750 USD --> OK

i have checked arround the AVC settings but seems didn't get the positive result.

how to tell system to have the availability check at CI-Grp1?

i expect to have PR with acc.assignment FC1, CI-item02 with amount 800 USD

and the remaining PR with amount 200 USD.

kindly advise

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's better to deal with it via Cover Eligibility. You have to define a rule assigning these commitment items to the same cover group. Then, the system will automatically generate these groups and perform availability control against them. For more info, please, read this:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/d0/09eca03405d54e9a59450da83b6a88/content.htm?framese...

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

thanks for your valuable input.

after some workarround i've got the solution for my simple requirement:

- utilize commitment item hierarchy

- maintain the budget entry at the group-level of commitment item (for my case it is CI-Grp1)

- all the PR created assigned to the lower level of CI (CI-item01 & CI-item02), and system will check the budget availability at group-level of CI (CI-Grp1).

have a nice day.

regards,

robiton

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's certainly a solution if you wanted to budget on upper level. From your descriptions, it was understood, that you would like to keep the budget on lower level. However, I'm glad that your issue is resolved

Regards,

Eli

former_member211458
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi robiton...

please you will have some screen solution?

I need an example ..

thanks