cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Book to display SNP Planned Order Start Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Am using SNP Heuristic to run the MRP in APO.

After Heuristc run we generally see the planned orders in the bucket corresponding to end date of the planned order.

For e.g

Qty = 100

Rqmnt Date = 10.03.2014

GR Processing TIme = 4 days

Planned oRder Qty of 100 is visible on 10.03.2014 but when the user goes to Capacity Planning View then teh capacity consumption is visible on

So User gets confused as the PLanned Order qty is shown on 10th and the capacity consumption is on 06th.

My requirement is can we show the qty of 100 in the planed oRder start date instead of planned order end date.

In my e.g it would be 06.03.2014 so the capacity consumption and the planned order qty will be visible on the same day.

REgards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Facing same request from expert capacity planner.

It sound reasonable to have immediate outlook of which orders in lower planning grid insist on capacity overload in resource grid by having them on the same bucket column, otherwise different materials with different good receipt processing time will insist on different period in capacity grid with different lag from corresponding quantities in the quantity grid, and the work of manual draft SNP leveling would be a total confusion, made by incremental trials. Incremental modification of quantities bring to fixing of them, so to restart from initial situation planner have to remember modifications made, un fix orders, rechange quantities ... think someone could work like that, really?

Solution found: eliminate good receipt processing time from APO SNP and transfer it in the "safety days supply" field thanks to cif exit on material master --> product master and cif exit on production orders, for the latter to reset GR processing time- Also implemented badi to let also PPDS PPM have a bucket consumption and have a complete view of resources load on SNP side including production order otherwise not loading resource but only visible in 9AFPROD key figure in quantity view.

On the execution system ECC side the good receipt processing time is kept to give correct atp check eg on sales orders.

So product master, SNP planned orders and production orders on APO side have no good receipt processing time, but correct position in time of start=end planned order dates is granted by safety days supply.

You must also then switch off date retransfer from APO to ECC on SAPAPO/CP3 (no retransfer for publication type 31 inhouse production.

Appliable in my opinion if you can use weekly buckets in SNP, fixed duration of one day in PPM/PDS  in SNP (processing time of operations of orders rarely Greater than 1 day), accept to have light differences on start and end time on production orders between the two systems (we're not using PPDS) ... so implement also badi on delta report to avoid unuseful errors for such light time differences. No GATP based on SNP planned order in place.

APO leading planning system, also for capacity leveling, so work also for rough cut capacity planning SHOULD be agile having quantities and capacity consumption on the SAME COLUMN!

Total manday effort for all above: 3 days, a reasonable effort, isn't is?

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj, I think they may not understand your question ... I don't think your request is reasonable, since in SNP planning book, orders are always displayed according to end date, because only from the end date, the quantity is really available (for receipts) or necessary (for demands). If you display the orders by the start date, it will be not known to the users when the quantities are REALLY available (for receipts) or necessary (for demands). On the other hand, in the resource view, the consumption of the resource starts from the order start, which is the fact according to the real process, and the resource will be consumed until the activity ends. So I think instead of looking for a BADI solution to display orders by start date, you should focus on training the users how to use the system. Besides, I can also foresee some undesired system behavior during planning if you display the orders by start date. I suggest you follow SAP standard instead of trying to meet every customer requests.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada/Rupesh,

Thanks for your replies.

When the reqmnt was given i had already explained to them what Ada has just said and is as per standard best practice but user insists on seeing the Planned Orders and the capacity consumption on the same day as the Planned Order is seen in the Planning Book.

I had also adviced them to add additional operation in Routing so that the capacity consumption is visible as desired.Since we are at the end of Integration testing so changing the master data would be a big task hence was just trying to see if there is any other solution to my problem.

Thanks Ada and Rupesh for your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

The screen shot shows the PR created after heuristic run.

The start date is 03/12/2014 (MMDDYYYY), so I want the planned order to be seen on this date.

And not on 03/27/2014 as that is Order end date.

thanks

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Are you planning with daily bucket? Then period factor will change the availability time only. As per your screen shot that is working fine. If you use the weekly bucket then you will have the order start date at beginning of the week if you use period factor like 0,000.

Apart from that order start date is on 03.12.2104 and end on 03.27.2014 that means you have lead time of 15 days so how come material will be available on 03.12.2104?

If you want order to be planned in previous period  you can use the Safety Stock Method as SZ and Safety Days' Supply should be equal to order availability date in your case it would be 15 days. So you will have availability date as 03.12.2014.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Yes i am planning with daily bucket and i thought that daily bucket will not schedule the orders on Order start date.

Well my requirement is that if my requirement date is 27th March then the system should create planned order 15 days earlier.this is because the actual manufacturing time is 1 day but the rest of 14 days is curing time since the material has to  be stored in high cold storage for 14 days.

So the above scenario in capacity planning  is displayed as qty of 1000 on 27th March but the capacity consumption is shown on 12th MArch so the user gets confused when doing capacity planing beacuse he doesnt knw which Planned Order is corresponding to which consumption in the planning book.

Any thoughts on this.

Thanks for your prompt replies.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Ada Lv has given you good consulting advice. As per the standard SAP it is right behavior.

How do you maintain of 14 days is curing time? Is it the GR processing time?

Other way around to map it by using dummy operation in master recipe or routing one operation for manufacturing and another for curing time fixed duration 14 days. So user will have correct availability date with total lead time as 15 days and capacity consumption will be also correct in period 1 day on manufacturing resource and 14 days on curing dummy resource.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The period factor or bucket offset controls the modeling of the material availability in SNP.

You can control the availability date by using period factor as in product master /SAPAPO/MAT1 and set indicator Use Period Factor and  value like 0.1 in the 'Period Factor' field in Lot-Size tab, "Quantity and Date Determination" sub-tab. So that system sets the availability date to the beginning of the period.

Or you can use the implement the BAdI /SAPAPO/PERIOD_FAC, method SCHED_AVAIL_DATE

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RUpesh,

I checked with Period factor but its not changing the availability date.

What is the bucket offset you mentioned ?

Also am having a look at the badi option.

Thanks.

Raj

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

I think Rupesh has suggested the exact solution.

It should change the availability date with the usage of period factor.

Can you delete SNP planned orders and try running heuristics again.

Also, check whether you have period factor mentioned in your PPM or Tlane. If you have maintained it over there, you may want to replace that with 0.1. This takes precedence over product master period factor.

Please note that, even if you don't mention a period factor, system by default take it in the middle of the bucket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh/Abhay,

Tried by deleting the SNP Planned Orders but still it doesnt show the planned orders on Order start date.

Any thoughts.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Have you set the "Period factor check" box and "Period Factor".

If you set Period factor as "X"  and period factor parameter  value as "0.001" Then SNP Heuristic creates order in the beginning of buckets. Also refer OSS note 1576857 - Use of Period Factor in SNP-Heuristic Planning

Could you please share the screen shot of product master and planning book?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar