cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Live Views for ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to implement SAP HANA Live for ERP operational reporting, I saw there are 786 views delivered with this which includes -

1) Query views

2) Reuse Views

3) Private Views

Query views always contains the word "Query" at the end of the view name which helps in identifying it but I am unable to distinguish between reuse and private views. Can anyone tell me how do we distinguish whether a view is a reuse view or a private view?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

andreipg
Explorer
0 Kudos

I hope you all figured it out already, there is a quick way to set the tag "private", "reuse", "query" manually via SQL.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Resurrecting an old thread, as wondering whether anyone resolved how to get the VDM properties tab when viewing a HANA Live view properties within HANA Studio?

Is this a feature or studio plugin only available internally at SAP I wonder?

I can see the view types with the following SQl, but obviously would prefer the VDM tab:

select * from "_SYS_REPO"."ACTIVE_TAGS"

where "TAG" = 'fncViewLayer'and "PACKAGE_ID" like '%sap%plm%'

order by "PACKAGE_ID", "VALUE", "OBJECT_NAME" ;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Was you able to find the famous VDM properties tab? I have the same problem..

Best Regards

Kristoffer Engh

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Kristoffer, was never able to enable the VDM properties tab within HANA Studio.  I was not able to determine whether this was a SAP only internal feature, a plug-in install etc.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just an update - informed by an SAP contact the VDM properties tab is only available at present to SAP developers as it requires a special HANA Studio plug-in.

They are looking to productionise it to make it available for all. I dont have any timelines.

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The VDM Properties plugin is still some days away to be productized. However the data is available in View Browser as pointed earlier in the post.

We are updating the view browser to be a Fiori App which will be released around April 2015. In this version you will have also the option to categorize your own views as Query or Reuse or Private as well as adding an Application Component to them.

Regards

Partha

former_member184969
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Now that April 2015 is well behind us... Is there an update regarding this topic ?

I am crurrently looking for best tools & practices to det a global Hana Arcitecture overview.

I classified the browser as 'High Potential'... Then if SAP comes with a Fiori app to do so, very well. Is it suposed to be part of SPS010 ? Of the next generation of Web IDE ?

Fact is that we have developped hundreds of views, things get messy, and we DO NEED to sort/categorize/streamline/urbanize/normalize...

'was just wondering how you guys were doing ?

I think I'll just open another thread for this.

Regards

Stephane

0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

please have you been able to find any answers to your questions?

We're facing a similar situation and any hints would be highly appreciated:)

Thanks a lot, Milos.

former_member184969
Participant
0 Kudos

Simple answer is 'no'.

Currently, I am tinkering a tool of myself involving my own custom tables to categorize and classify views, and build some kind of data governance & architecture tool.

We defined our own Database Layered Architecture so as to handle data replicated from many SAP and non-SAP systems, and then layering from Shared Projection/propagation Layer to Application-dedicated business Logic and then reporting.

We try to rely on a quite restrictive naming convention. (And then we are doomed whenever a view will have to change layer )

I am missing dearly some proper built-in Hana Studio Add-on with a dedicated certified Hana Data Model. Whoever will do it makes a fortune out of it.

former_member195940
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I know this is old ( Year later)..any update on the VDM properties tab?

Ram7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

Since it is old post, I ''do think'' you must have got the idea now. Still is this works for you. You can find the details(Reuse/Private) about the HANA Live Views in the VDM properties of the views as Category attached an image to get clear. So, you must have the access HANA Studio to get to know the properties.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How do you get access to the 'VDM properties' Tab ?

I don't have it on my own HANA Studio.

I guess this tab is also the good one to assign a view to the proper product/ module hierarchy in the HANA Live Browzer.

Currently, all my custom view fall into the "N/A - Undefined" section, which is highly frustrating !

Is this view dedicated to SAP developpers?

Otherwise do you know how to get access to it.

Thanks.

Best Regards

Stephane

former_member184969
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

How do you get access to the 'VDM properties' Tab ?

I don't have it on my own HANA Studio.

I guess this tab is also the good one to assign a view to the proper product/ module hierarchy in the HANA Live Browzer.

Currently, all my custom view fall into the "N/A - Undefined" section, which is highly frustrating !

Is this view dedicated to SAP developpers?

Otherwise do you know how to get access to it.

Thanks.

Best Regards

Stephane

Ram7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Stéphane,

I hope you will get to see the details(Query/Reuse View) of HANA Live Views in Live Browser. aren't you !!?

I don't think so, as a HANA Developer you will get to see the VDM properties of the HANA Views when you get access to HANA Studio. Please let me know otherwise.

former_member184969
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RamaKrishna.

We do see the Détails (query/reuse View) in the Live Browser, for standard hana live views.

The fact is that, as we are enriching HANA Live with our own virtual data model, I would like to be able to put the same kind of VDM properties on my own views... And I don't know where and how I could do that.

Ram7
Explorer
0 Kudos
Stéphane,

When you enrich a HANA Live view !! then it is called as 'Calculation View'. Am I correct ?

If am true, your enriched view is a Calculation View. The Query properties will show the same.

This will help you,

How to enhance SAP HANA Live | SAP HANA

Correct me if I was out your question. Hope this helps !!

former_member184969
Participant
0 Kudos

You are correct.

And thank you for the document : it is helpful.

But my initial problem and question is : if I have a look at the screenshot hereabove, i can see a 'VDM properties' Tab in the query property. And it is effectively a quite normal calculation view....

In my Own HanaStudio, I I have a look at the very same view, I don't have this 'VDM Property' Tab :

And well... I would like to have that to be able to classify my own Homemade enriched HanaLive views... So that , for instance, I can also tag them as 'reuse' or 'query', which will be viewable in the HANA Live Browzer.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

I am also not able to see VDM Properties in my HANA Studio.

I don't think that we can get access to VDM Properties tab.

@ Rama, are you using Internal SAP System?

Regards,

Vivek

ranjit_alapati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

The SAP team during the views development marks the views as private, reuse and query view in the properties and this info is used in the HANA Live browser and few applications document what are the query and reuse views available.

HANA Live Broswer

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_hba/helpdata/en/9c/382618453244d8aaa9e460a77f5de0/frameset.htm

Documentation for Sales views

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hba/helpdata/en/fa/5950ca11034ad58fff3eb5d31064d1/content.htm?frameset=/...

Best Regards,

Ranjit

sudha_rao2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

For some of the views, if you go to the properties, SAP team has given a description as reuse view and private view.  eg : sales order - reuse view.

But there are places again where they havent specified which is private and reuse.

Even i am trying to find a concrete answer for this. Do reply back to the post if you are able to get an answer for this.

However HANA Live browser, clearly differentiates which is private, reuse and query views.

Thanks,

Sudha