cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at "Please Wait" while opening Web GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having issues opening SAP GUI for HTML from external Alias for the same URL. I am getting User ID and Password prompt and then when I put the credentials then the place it loads the image stuck at Please wait.

I went to SICF and tested the WEBGUI service and was able to open successfully.  I have run the program "SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INTERNAL" and published the services successfully. Also went to SITSPMON and its green. We are having 7.21 Kernel with Patch 400. I checked SAP Note for this error , but it was for kernel with below 100 Patch.

1651937 - Integrated ITS 7.02: WEBGUI is not loading ("Please wait" message)

Strange thing is we have same kernel in Dev/Test systems and its working there. Its not working in production. I did run some HTTP Trace and see that the process hangs up at following Java Script and seems to be an issue with access.

+ 6.620https://hostname/sap/public/bc/ur/nw7/js/classes/BlockLayer.js?02CD942573F32

We cannot do a kernel as its working with same kernel in Dev/Test and also its a production environment.

Mahesh Shetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Have you resolved the issue ? We are also getting exactly the same issue.We are also on higher kernel version.

Can you please share your solution,if you got

Thanks

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navin

We have not yet applied the solution provided by SAP as this is happening in the Production system.

SAP Suggested the following solution, apply it and see if it fix the problem.

You can try the following then:

a) Delete the content from DIR_DATA/icmandir/last_update_ITS.txt ( /usr/sap/<SID>/DVBMGS/data )

b) Be sure that you have set:icm/HTTP/file_access_0 =

PREFIX=/sap/public/icmandir/,DOCROOT=$(DIR_ICMAN_ROOT),ARCHIVE=$(DIR_EXECUTABLE)/ITS.SAR

c) Stop the SAP System

d) Go to the DIR_DATA/icmandir folder and delete the "its" directory

e) Extract the ITS.SAR manually and move the new "its" directory to DIR_DATA/icmandir

f) Restart the System

g) Delete the web browser cache

h) Invalidate the server cache: SMICM -> Goto -> HTTP Plug-in ->Server Cache -> Invalidate Globally

Mahesh Shetty

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

Is your EXTERNAL Alias actually pointing at the WEBGUI service?

From your description issue would seem to be on the ICF side rather than ITS - if this WEBGUI service tests correctly when NOT called as an EXTERNAL Alias.

Can you also confirm your Kernel and SAP_BASIS verisons. You say above "7.21 Kernel with Patch 400" this cannot be correct. Latest 721 patch is only patch level 221 on the SAP Service Marketplace http://service.sap.com/swdc

Regards,

Oisín

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member,

Could you please advise whether the issue has got resolved. And I also request you to advise the solution which you have followed where we are also facing the same concern.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharathi

The issue has been resolved with latest kernel patch. Its a Kernel issue.

Mahesh Shetty

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Former Member for your update. If possible, could you please advise me on the kernel level which you were having previously and after the patch.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharathi

Old kernel version --  720_EXT_REL patch number # 401

New Kernel --  740_REL patch number # 61

Also there is a reason for going to new version. We upgraded our systems to NW 740 and as part of it we had to upgrade the kernel as well.

Also SAP has provided some troubleshooting steps for this issue, if you can reply with your e-mail, then I can forward that to you.

Mahesh Shetty

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Former Member for your help. Please send the troubleshooting steps to <remove email addresss>

Thanks in advance for your help as always. Have a nice day ahead.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Message was edited by: Oisin ONidh ITS SCN Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharathi

Here is some SAP response steps

a) Delete the content from DIR_DATA/icmandir/last_update_ITS.txt

b) Be sure that you have set:icm/HTTP/file_access_0 =

PREFIX=/sap/public/icmandir/,DOCROOT=$(DIR_ICMAN_ROOT),ARCHIVE=$(DIR_EXECUTABLE)/ITS.SAR

c) Stop the system

d) Go to the DIR_DATA/icmandir folder and delete the "its" directory

e) Extract the ITS.SAR manually and move the new "its" directory to DIR_DATA/icmandir

f) Restart the kernel

g) Delete the web browser cache

h) Invalidate the server cache: SMICM -> Goto -> HTTP Plug-in ->

Server Cache -> Invalidate Globally

We tried and it did not work for us, but you can give a shot and see if its working.

Mahesh Shetty

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member

Thank you very much for the above steps. We have tried that and it is not working for us. And also we have patched the Kernel to latest version and it also hasn't helped us.

We have raised a messaged to SAP and we are awaiting for their response. I will keep you updated the resolution once we made it work. Thanks once again for all your help.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharathi

Can you tell me what patch level you were on and what patch level you went to. Do you have any other environments with 740 kernel? SAP is very slow in responding to these issues and they take long time to respond to your queries. The almost took 2 months for me to just give these simple steps. I am not a big fan of SAP support...

Mahesh Shetty

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member

Our Kernel is 741_Rel. Previously we were in Patch 11 and we have upgraded it to Patch 43. Still it is not working

Best Regards,

Bharathi

stoyankanev
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi P,

I solved the "please wait" problem by changing this parameter to the default value:

icm/HTTP/file_access_0= $(icm[$(system/type)]/HTTP/file_access_0)

This is a "Unsubstituted standard value".

Best Regards,

Stoyan Kanev

Answers (0)