SAP HANA Cloud Trial - insufficient privilege

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community

Have installed

- Hana Studio

- SDK

- Client

Everything works fine (connection to Hana cloud platform via tunnel) and I can e.g. create Tables and Views with Hana Studio.

However I can not access the data of views - even if I created them. I can however access the data of Tables.

If I select a view that I created and select Data Preview I get "Cannot get the data provider outline - SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege. Not authorized."

Any help appreciated!

Best Felix

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

You need to grant select privilege to the developer's role. Please see Step 4 in .

HTH!

--Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate your hint. Thanks Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I could not go so far in my cloud installation...

However my point is not technical but financial, how much it cost you ?

From my side Amazon charged me 1600$ because installing SUSE linux in Amazon cloud break the contract for Free trial.

As it was charged to my personnal bank account you can understand I think this demo provided by SAP is unacceptable.

Thank you for anyone's feedback...

Regrads, JM

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi JM,

You seem to be talking about something different here. This thread, and community space actually, is about SAP HANA Cloud Platform - the PaaS offering from SAP. The developer trial offered at http://hanatrial.ondemand.com has nothing to do with Amazon and is absolutely *free of charge* - and perpetual!

HTH!

--Vlado

Answers (0)