Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update statistics for SCM Livecache tables

former_member311285
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We run SCM 5.1 with Livecache 7.7 on Oracle DB 11.2

We have scheduled Update stats jobs daily using DB13.

This checks and updates statistics for Oracle tables.

However how do we update statistics for the Livecache tables ?

I found Note 927882 and also Note 1830959

While Note 1830959 clearly states that we have to run Update stats regularly for the Livecache tables as well it points to 927882 for details.

However, this Note 927882 is mainly for SAP on MaxDB database where-as ours is SCM on Oracle.

So, are there special procedures for updating stats specifically for Livecache tables ? Thanks for some expert advice here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member311285
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I did check that but the question I had is, do we have to schedule a separate DB statistics run other than what we do for the database(in our case Oracle).

So, in effect will there be two Update stats schedules, one for Livecache(MaxDB) and one for Oracle ?

Thanks for clarifying this.

Regards

Mahadevan

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahadevan,

You must to run the update statistics for the Oracle database on SCM system.

There are some application tables in the liveCache which update statistics need to be done,

please see 1830959 note This SAP Note describes the housekeeping activities that SAP recommends should be performed regularly in an SCM system with an SAP liveCache.

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check at MAXDB library=>

Database Administration in CCMS: SAP liveCache -> DBA Planning
Calendar

DBA Planning Calendar - SAP Documentation

The document has clear steps how to do it. If you still have the issues to use the DBA calendar for the liveCache instance, please create the SAP message to BC-DB-LVC component.

Regards, Natalia Khlopina