cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown Attribute error message

0 Kudos

Can a dropdown field be highlighted like normal input field when an attribute error message is thrown ? i have read its not possible in discussions, can anyone confirm on this ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

We can raise an attribute error message for a Dropdown ui elements like we do for other ui elements. Please find the below snap shot, where the DropDownByKey ui element has been highlighted for an attribute related error message.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Regards,

Rama

0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you pls give me which error message method are you calling ? and will it work in a row repeater on the respective elements too.

Thanks,

Nikhil

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

The error message is raised by using method "report_attribute_error_message" of interface if_wd_message_manager.

Yes, it works fine with ROW REPEATER's context element as well.

Regards,

Rama

0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I have already tried using the report_attribute_error_message (the dropdowns don't get highlighted) and even used the 'report_element_t100_message' , I am still getting the above screen shot.

Can you please tell me which version are you running on ?

Thanks,

Nikhil

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I have systems NW 7.02 and NW 7.31 SP7.

The method REPORT_ATTRIBUTE_ERROR_MESSAGE( ) works fine on both systems.

I think you are using DropDownByIndex ui element and hence its not getting heghlighted with red color as it happens for other ui elements.

Regards,

Rama

former_member185932
Participant
0 Kudos

If you are using DropdownByIndex you need to raise the error using method REPORT_ELEMENT_ERROR_MESSAGE passing the Context Element of the values that are bound to the DropdownByIndex UI element. Once note 1693760 is applied you will get the error message with a hyperlink and the red box around the dropdown.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can highlight the drop down when issued an error message using report_attribute_error_message( ). But seems you are not on relevant support pack version.

Please implement the SAP Note 1693760 To resolve this issue.

hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran